Shrapnel – Combat Love 7″

Dave Wyndorf who later formed Monster Magnet is one of the two geniouses behind “Combat Love”. A great uptempo punk/powerpop classic that makes your head bop. They released a second 7″ and a 12″ EP none of which I’ve heard. You can find this for a decent price at eBay. Decent means about $50. Produced by Legs McNeil!

Year: 1979
Label: Salute
Combat Love.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Shrapnel – Combat Love 7″

1. PwrPop says:

forget the 12″ The other single is not bad. You can find the a side on one of the shake some action comp vol 7 i think “go crusin'”

2. Missy says:

We go cruisin every night ,we dont need to read or write..i just wanna rock and roll..listen to the radio ..We go cruisin everywhere,dont even have a care…

yeah …
    the good old days..
    Why no MP3 of Hey..
    i love Hey ..

arooga booga..arooga booga…

Hey Missy! I think this needs a repost. Great record!!

4. Skin says:

Hit the Deck, Men! Shrapnel rocks. What I would give to hear Dave Wyndorf’s voice on “Sleepover” or “Siegfriend Line” again. Anybody?

• Battershell says:

Oh man, you are sooooo right. I would kill to hear that stuff again. THAT WAS MY YOUTH! I left a phone message with Daniel Rey once looking to see if he would part with any demos. He called me back and left a message thanking me for my interest but said that he was holding on to the stuff “just in case…” The two 45s were great, but I want to hear those othe songs so badly.

• jofloors says:

I have all those songs bootleged from CBGB’S i would be lost without hearing these songs every so often, Definite youth days! unbelievable songs..

• Battershell says:

JoFloors…would you be interested in making a copy of those songs for me. Just like you said that you would be lost not hearing those songs, I have been lost for years now…Please leave a reply here to let me know if this is a possibility.

5. Bob says:

Can anyone tell me which release has “sleep over” on it?

6. hi, could you let me know what the matrix numbers are i just go a copy and it looks waaaaayyy to clean and i think its a boot, but i am unable to find proof they repressed this ep.. my matrix reads promo 7006a and promo 7006b.. if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated….

7. Pingback: Last Days of Man On Earth » Blog Archive » New Jersey Punk and Hardcore

8. i cant get over how much i love your site man… its great while i am sitting here working on my graphic design stuff for my shirt company i get the pleasure of listening to all of these power pop gems, keep up the amazing work.. with this site and with the flakes…
    take care
    p.s. i was hate88 on the skrewdriver post, haha

9. J says:

please teach lyrics

10. ecnalubma696969 says:

I bought this record for like $10 on eBay last year.

Here are the guys all dressed up and no war to go to;

12. Adam says:

If you notice the singer…..He went on to Monster Magnet.