Big Boys – Where’s My Towel? LP

bigboys_towel.jpgIf this is your first encounter with Big Boys and you’ve heard what a great Hardcore band they where then take note that this is their first and softest album. My least favourite BB LP but it still have some great tracks on it and Randys voice is hard to beat. “Security” gets my vote as the best song here. Rare as hell with only 800 pressed.

Year: 1981
Complete Control.mp3
Work Without Pay
Spit
Act/Reaction
Self Contortion.mp3
Wise Up.mp3

This entry was posted in 1981. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Big Boys – Where’s My Towel? LP

1. jawhn says:

The Big Boys always make me smile. This is obviously available on the “Skinny Elvis” CD from several years back but was much more recently reissued, legitimately and replicating it’s original packaging on some small label which is escaping me at the moment. Pretty sure that’s still available too, it’s a killer vinyl reissue worth finding if you don’t already have one.

Thanks for that Jawhn! I got mine from the package that Ryan Richardson sold off at eBay a couple of years ago. He “found” a box of the original pressing that he offered for a reasonable “buy it now” price.

3. jawhn says:

That label is called Gern Blandsten. They’ve also recently done a very nice LP/CD reissue of Wreck Collection, with new art by Biscuit. I don’t have an original of that record; even when I bought collectible stuff, it just wasn’t worth the going rate to me (a fine record though, no question.)

You bought a BOX of them??

Yes of course I bought the whole box ;). I wasn’t clear enough: he sold each of the records from the box at eBay. Comprende camrade?

Ah Gern Blandsten is well known collector. I bought the Wreck Collection and Fun, Fun, Fun on cassete when they where relased in the 80s. Late found out that Fun… had been available on vinyl but the Wreck took some years before they released it as vinyl I think?

5. Gin says:

Hi there!

I am just listening your stuff since 4 days – haven’t cared about blogs before. Turned out to be a mistake. Anyway – I may be a bit late but – great news for Big Boys fans: The Towel LP got re-released as well as their two other albums (as a double LP) – all official with liner notes. You get the double LP “Lullabies & No Matter …” at X-Mist.

6. You would upload the other tracks please?
    thanks

7. zach says:

big boys are awesome. advice is a great track and you can even learn how to play it at their fantastically made band site: http://www.soundonsound.org/index2.html
    what is your favourite record by them?