IQ 55 – Livet ar en bluff 7″

iq55_cover.jpgTogheter with WBT this was the first local band I saw in 1979. Bought their 7inch the same year but was so dissapointed cause it didn’t sound as punk as their incredible live gigs. IQs singer Leif Larsson or Leif where one hell of an entertainer. Quick, witty and smart.

When the TV Eye drummer and I started to play togheter in 1983 we moved into a place called “Gamla Busscentralen” where I found an old military bag that Leif used to have. IQ 55 used to practice there too. Can’t find the bag now but I wish I keept it. Leif later killed himself in the 80s running against a train. His lyrics where clever but somewhat depressing. Emo. From “Livet ar en bluff”: “Why should one live a life that is meaningless. When my dreams are so good.” a shitty translation that sounds better in swedish. The b-side is more close to how I remember them live.

Country: Sweden
Year: 1979
Label: Slam
Livet ar en bluff.mp3
Bara svarigheter.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to IQ 55 – Livet ar en bluff 7″

1. Pingback: Recent tracks on Killed By Death Records / The Hype Machine

2. randy says:

the second track makes my head bop. GREAT!

3. Andreas says:

Leif Larssons’s nickname was not “Ensam Leif” or “Lonely Leif”. He was very friendly and he had a lot of friends who appreciated him a lot.

Hi Andreas!
    I didn’t mean to offend the memory of Leif. I’m sure he had a lot of friends. My mother even worked with him at the hospital in Linkoping and told me what a nice guy he was.

5. Member says:

I am so tired of people who think they know Leif Larsson! We used to be friends for a long time, and for a short time even lovers, so just fuck you all, you just do not know anything about him!

???

7. (Minnes)Luckan says:

I feel I have to add something here about Leffan (Leif) and about IQ 55. Leffan was a very sweet and good person. He was one of the great personalities of his time, both on and off stage. On stage he was the best. He meant every fucking word he sang. When playing in Linköping with my band I crashed in the collective apartement where Leffan lived with some other people. That night, in front of the stage, he held a burning lighter in his hand, swaying to the music. It wasn’t pathetic at all, we felt honoured. Leffan was for real, and I was truly devastated when I heard about his dead.

8. (Minnes)Luckan says:

Yes, of course, something about IQ 55:
    They were one of the most underestimated and misunderstood bands of their time, in my humble opinion.
    A lot of us were on the verge of firebombing musicpaper Schlager when they compared IQ 55 to new romantics Lustans Lakejer. Fuck them, I can still feel the hatred burning in my veins.
    IQ 55 came from the punk tradition. They loved Television. They had a charismatic singer and great songwriting. Someone should put out a retrospective collection of their songs. I’d do it, goddamn, if I wasn’t in rehab.

Someone, if you want to digitalize it and post it, that would be awesome. Send us an e-mail and I’m sure we can help you out one way or another.

By the way Peter,you need to re-post this one and send me a scan of the insert.

Haha, I think we replied at the same time peter, so I guess we’re both as eager to hear the recordings.

• Someone says:

:-) well, how’s that for response! let’s listen first and then decide about posting… Anyway listening to the tracks put a smile on the face on myself and some friends. I mailed info already so let’s see what happens in days to come…

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Ha ha yepp :).

11. Someone says:

Hi again…OK, a bit curious about material on the sent cassette last fall. Computer breakdown kept me busy for a while – all emails lost but now online again so if I could hear more about the tracks and fate of the cassette that would be great!

12. Danne.... says:

Thanks a lot for posting this excellent single….IMO IQ 55 was whit out doubt some of the finest bands from Sweden from this era.
    Both songs on this single are ace.

Ops! “Someone” need to send you the tape back along with a CDR. Sorry for the delay :).

14. Pingback: IQ 55 – Demo May 1980 Cassette « Killed By Death Records

Got more stuff up on ebay again, including a copy of this smasher; http://shop.ebay.com/javelinen/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Got a spare copy of this smasher on ebay right now. Happy bidding!