Urrk – 7″

De e dax 7.jpgQ: How many swedish punkrecords were released 1977-1982?

A: A lot! Most of them in a very limited edition, like 300-500 ex (like this one)

Country: Sweden
Year: 1978
Label:
Gammal.mp3

De e dax.mp3

Lordagsurrkare

This entry was posted in 1978. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Urrk – 7″

1. canuckpunk says:

hey! i like this one! especially the first track, great song….has that great cadence and old rattus style vocal…cool post

2. Tony says:

Gammal is such a killer song, it blew me away when I first heard it on Bloodstains Across Sweden #3 back in ’98. This has to be one of the only picture sleeves with a punk/weightlifting crossover theme. Was this guy a friend of the band or something? Or maybe a band member? Strange… I didn’t think punks and weightlifters hung out together, ESPECIALLY not in 1980 when punks were on the receiving end of beatings from guys like this. I take that back– some punks did become jocks and weightlifters during the straight edge boom of the late 80’s/early 90’s. A funny time…

• C says:

No, weightlifters and punks normaly didn´t hung out together, but…this guy was my friend and we thoght it would be a really anti-punk-punk thing to do have him on the recordsleeve. In one of our shows we invited him to be with us on stage. He was wearing a Superman-t-shirt, but Instead of playing any instrument he throw eggs on the audience.
      C. Guitarplayer, URRK

• Nathan G says:

Ha ha ha!! That is hilarious! Thanks for the story and the crankin’ tunes!!

• Carin Fock says:

Baseball is a sport in the United States. In recent testimony, to my delight, the girlfriend of Barry Bonds, a player/steroid experiment, stated that she noticed at some point that his testicles felt significantly smaller in her mouth! As my AC/DC-sized balls never receive any attention, I am thinking of dropping my usual drug repertoire for steroids.

Beyond the cover picture (which is fucking great), I fail to understand the appeal of this record. The guitar on the A-side is good but the song sort of plods along. Thanks, nonetheless, to TV Eye.

3. dylan says:

the music, good. the cover? a masterpiece.

4. jim johanson says:

my god… my name is jim and i do the vocals…im 44 now and feeling real old seeing this cover. anyhow…the bodybuilder was a friend of our guitarist whom i can not remember the name of..hasse played bass, christer drums.. christer is dead, died of overdose of heroin is -92… i moved to usa and live in detroit.. i also did vocals for razzia, you can find 3 songs on the site. i joined them after getting kicked out of urrk, something about not writing good songs, whatever….

5. jim johanson says:

can you add lordagsurrkare? it was always my favorite…and gamla bro…that was actually the main track….needless to say i dont have this record and have not heard it for 28 years…

6. wille says:

I hade this EP once. Now its gone. Maybe ill find it sometime..