The Jumpers – This Is It 7″

jumpers.jpgSorry folks but the a-side Sick Girls dosen’t hold up to the quality that we ask for to be posted here. Imagen a really bad New York Dolls song with loads of wanky solos. Ohhh bad rock n roll. Of the worst kind! The b-side on the other hand rocks like a good song shall rock. Fast(1979 dude!) and hooky punk/powerpop. A bit too long but it manage to be interesting enough. They did a reunion a while back take a look here! From Buffalo/New York.

Year: 1979
Label: Pias
Sick Girls
This Is It.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Jumpers – This Is It 7″

1. dylan says:

this is it is a killer tune! the first jumpers 45 is also a killer.

2. Oscar says:

…I totally disagree!, in my opinion “Sick Girls” is a top song!, a classic one!, while “This is It” is a boring fast rock tune without inspiration…
    Anyway, taste is a very subjective issue…
    Cheers!

3. Degenerateen says:

That song Sick Girls is on the one of those great Backseat Love comps, and I disagree too.

4. Collin says:

Jumpers suck. ‘Sick Girls’ suck. Dunno why people obsess about this lame pop-punk-rama-a-lama-high-pitch-bullshit when great real pop like the Marbles and Gary Charlson are ignored. Good job on seeing through it.

Peter,
    isn’t the scan in this post the backside of the sleeve? My copy is in different colours by the way. I’m surprised that you don’t like Sick Girls since it’s really catchy.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Yes it´s the backside. I grew tired of this record so I sold it. Sick Girl sucks.

• Martin says:

Sick Girls sounds like Elvis Costello by the way, not NY Dolls according to both me and my wife. The first thing she said when she heard it was; How come you never played me this Elvis song before.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

I get it Martin you´re free to do a repost of it :). As a huge Costello fan I can´t imagen how you can hear any similarities at all.