The Zeros – Hungry 7″

zeros_hungry.jpgFirst release from UKs The Zeros. Haven’t heard their other two following this. The last beeing a split with Action Replay. Considering how great this is I’m very curious.

This was the time that when a band had a song title that included the word “radio” in some form you knew it’s going to be great. Stompy punk rock with a nod to Mod.

Country: UK
Year: 1977
Label: Small Wonder
Radio Fun.mp3

This entry was posted in 1977. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Zeros – Hungry 7″

1. James says:

Great single. “What’s Wrong With A Pop Group” (their only other release) from the split ROK 7″ is quite similar in sound to this 7″, I’d recommend it. The “Something’s Happening” single listed in “International Discography Of The New Wave” isn’t a Zeros record at all, it was in fact a Mark Kjeldsen single, not sure how they made that error.

Thanks for the info James. That’s not the only error in The International Discography Of The New Wave though.

3. anna says:

I’ve had this on my computer for ages and I love it! It’s the only UK Zeros thing I have but it makes me like them way more than the US Zeros.

4. steve says:

The non-Zeros record, “Something’s Happening”, was actually an intended release by The Sinceros (Kjeldsen’s band)… I suppose the name of the band was just misheard down the crackly transatlantic phone line or something.

5. Was 80 SEK a good price for this one?

6. Mike says:

They did a good three song Peel session too.
    1.Easy Way out
    3.Nice Girls

7. fil cooling says:

anyone got that peel session??? love to hear it.

8. lisbeth says:

i love this song . the singer in the band is my dad

9. Lauren Monk says:

I love this Song Im best friends with The singers Daughter

10. Lauren Monk says:

I love this Song Im best friends with The singers Daughter, Her names Lisbeth Godfrey

11. Mick says:

I love PuNk and I love this band (The Zeros), I would like to have the lyrics and the tabs and chords to play their songs with my electric guitar, thanks