Blitzen – Hitsen Fran… E.P. 7″

blitzen_front.jpgblitzen_back.jpgblitzen_label_a.jpgblitzen_label_b.jpg
blitzen_label_lyrics.jpg

This is a re-post from April the 5th 2006. Added more scans, Domd and Fruset blod.

One of the best punk 7inches released in our hometown Linkoping/Sweden. Their live shows were amazing. And their drummer was one of my big heroes since he could play so fast. Well two years later I heard Gang Green on the “Boston Not L.A.” comp but that’s another story.

Country: Sweden
Year: 1980
Label: Dovhjort
Domd.mp3
Snart fast.mp3
Fruset blod.mp3
Gerilla.mp3

This entry was posted in 1980. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Blitzen – Hitsen Fran… E.P. 7″

1. Senap says:

Oh yeah!
    A true classic from Linköpings kommunarrest.
    I saw them once at Sprängkullen, GBG (if I remember it right) and it was good stuff. 2 bad that Erik dragged his name down the dirt when he formed Erik & the Euros (and was he in Lördagsexpressen as well?) Sold my copy of Arnes Korvbar a couple of years ago so my memory might be incorrect? “Gerilla” is still the best song on this EP and this 7″ still sounds great!!!!!

2. Tony says:

“Gerilla” is the best track on the EP and I got hooked on it back in ’98 after first hearing it on the fantastic Bloodstains Across Sweden #3 comp LP. Shortly after that I heard the entire EP and liked most of it, especially “Domd”. Before I heard the whole EP I was worried that it would suck and that “Gerilla” would be their only good moment. I was wrong of course. I think I’ve heard too many “one hit wonders” related to this whole KBD/Bloodstains thing where all their other songs are garbage (a la Freestone, etc, etc).

3. Senap says:

….and while I’m still at it..
    There’s a bunch of live-mp3’s with Blitzen at Bosse Sound (www.b-sound.com)
    Mostly (only?) music from Linköping at that site, isn’t it so, Peter?

Only bands from Linkoping on B-Sound. Among them our old band is up there.

5. Johan says:

I found this for 90 SEK a couple of years ago. I didn’t buy it cause I thought it was to wimpy. stupid me. Höhnie finaly bought it and he allways have to remind me. to bad I didn’t buy it it’s really good.

Shame on you Johan ;).

7. Johan says:

I know. it’s good though that my taste in music has grown a bit since then. I was mostly in to Oi! I’m glad I’m not into oi! that much anymore. 77 punkrock and powerpop is the shit. there’s a million bands and allways something new (old) to explore.

Yeah really too much to explore it seems ha ha :). You should check out the live stuff at Bosses site in case you haven’t.

9. Johan says:

it’s been a while since I checked bosses site I’ll do it now. I gotta get some stuff with my next cousins band anyway.