Smart Remarks – Mary’s Got Her Eye On Me 7″

smart_remarks_front.jpgsmart_remarks_back.jpgsmart_remarks_label_a.jpgsmart_remarks_label_b.jpg

First heard at the excellent Litte Hits: www.littlehits.com. Awesome, killer arrrrrgggghhh it’s powerpop till you bleed. Need I say more? No! Thank you! Now over to Jon at Little Hits:”You know how so many punk and power pop records of the era have “ironic” lyrics about taking you out to the drive-in or meeting your parents, or whatever? This one evokes an innocence that seems completely real, an un-selfconsciousness that not even the fake British accents can negate.

Year: 1982
Label: Criminal
Mary’s Got Her Eye On Me.mp3
Machine Working Overtime

This entry was posted in 1982. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Smart Remarks – Mary’s Got Her Eye On Me 7″

1. Pingback: Smart Remarks - MySpace Blog

2. E. says:

You’re right. This IS powerpop until you bleed.

Wow!! Way better then all this punk and HC crap you upload here.

4. Harry says:

download more songs on their myspace! not sure if this is legit or not…

5. TODD says:

HEY FANS THERE,S NEW STUFF COMING SOON FROM TODD FROM SMART REMARKS SOON.ILL KEEP YOU POSTED THANKS FOR ALL SUPPORT. TODD E.

6. ddc says:

So beautiful I need to listen to it again and again…

7. SteveD says:

More stuff than you ever thought… Todd, Steve from Smart Remarks is also putting out new stuff and is looking for Todd E., take a look at Michael Fog.

8. randynow says:

TODD ELLIS from SMART REMARKS will be making TWO appearances this MAY 2008.

Wed May 14th – LIVE on http://WWW.WTSR.ORG (click LISTEN LIVE LINK) at 8 PM EST.

and then LIVE & FREE – Fri May 16th at THE RECORD COLLECTOR RECORD STORE – 358 FARNSWORTH AVENUE – BORDENTOWN NJ http://WWW.THE-RECORD-COLLECTOR.COM for more information.
    Also, info at http://WWW.RANDYNOW.COM (Todd’s brother)

9. Make’s me feel like a senior in high school again!There is a 5 song E.P. out there too Folks.Smart Remarks”Seriously Speaking” recorded in 1985.

10. Michael says:

Hey Todd. I ran across this single while looking through the KBD archives. I loved “Mary’s Got Her Eye On Me” and listened to the others you had linked on Smart Remarks’ MySpace. I liked most of it and was surprised to hear a Dirty Looks cover. Any chance of a CD release of this stuff? I’d buy it

11. SICKNICK! says:

This song makes me feel 14 again.. sigh.

12. Vaeringar says:

Prone to vulgarity, I heard this song, held my wife’s hand and danced politely in our living room. Thanks.