The Shivvers – S/T 7″

shivvers_front.jpgshivvers_back.jpg
shivvers_label_b.jpgshivvers_label_a.jpg

Teen Line is pretty much one of the greatest songs in the history of powerpoop. With members from and related to acts like The Orbits, Lubricants and Haskels. Yeah yeah I read all this here: Shivvers. Considering the Teen Line is almost a perfect crafted pop song it’s no wonder Teen Line gave name to a whole series compiling obscure powerpop released by Chucks Hyped To Death label.

While Teen Line is just pop the flip When I Was Younger leans more to a later version of The Avengers and may be more in favor to the pure punk fascist, but I doubt it.

Next time I’ll post some White Power Pop that I recently discovered. Instead of singing about how they shall kill all the jews like your average White Power band the whole White Power Pop scene got a different angle: they’ll hugh the inferior races to death. Sure it’s killing but it’s a far more sympathetic way of killing. How came I had you read this rubbish? Don’t ask me.

Year: 1980
Label: Fliptop
Teen Line.mp3
When I Was Younger.mp3

This entry was posted in 1980. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to The Shivvers – S/T 7″

1. DEGEnERatEeN says:

First comment motherfuckers! Classic single, 2 classic songs (in the KBD sense). Probably all the punks have heard this, or am I just imagining things? Power Pop’s probably my least-fav music genre. All Music Guide had the Shivvers discography as their Album of the Day a few weeks ago, anyone see that, besides me?

This makes me want to poop.

3. Lee says:

Love this 7″… Unfortunately, this record goes for a lot of money.

4. Erich says:

Feels just like 1980. Classic stuff!

5. Tony says:

Man, I just cannot get into most powerpop. I’ve tried and tried but maybe I have to be older than 35 to appreciate it like you guys (har har):)

6. jimmybuttons says:

and for good reason those compilations are named after this single, this one gets stuck in the head!! great post.

Hey Tony, if you like the Beatles with a female singer, then this is it. I am 44 and still don’t like it…maybe when I am 54? Ha!

8. Marmiteboy says:

THis is great stuff. I hadn’t heard of it before but your record is so bloody good it just had to be a blinding single. Sorta reminds me of The Flaming Groovies with a girl vocalist.

9. Lethargi says:

Second songs alright, but the first one made want to take a huge steamy dump, just like Jay Thurston said!

10. nani says:

yay! best powerpop band ever.

11. Brendan says:

I wish there was info about which city the USA bands come from. Love this stuff, thanks for the cool site.

—Brendan

That is something you americans can add in the comment list or do a google search. Since I’m from Sweden I’m not that familar which town many of the bands came from.

13. wastedOne says:

Oh man – I am not a powerpop fan but that 1st track is catchy as fuck, couldn’t get outta my head. Thanks Peer.

14. Woody says:

The Shivvers were from Milwaukee, Wisconsin for those wondering.

15. timmythepunk says:

POWER POP CLASSIC, first impression ok, but this is a real grower, every listen offers up more sublities, the singer sounds totally committed and the guitar just rains memories of power pop bands in Melbourne, Australia 1979 to 1980. Keep posting the great singles from the late seventies/early eighties ie Scientists Frantic Romantic, (March 79) Models Owe You Nothing (June 80)

16. Ian says:

Wow, “Teenline” is too damn catchy. I heard it for the first time two days ago and I can’t get it out of my head!

17. Collin says:

Jill and most of the Shivvers are still around town (along with dudes from the RPM’s, Orbits, Blackholes, etc). …at least the ones that aren’t dead.

Anyone looking to pick up HALF of this classic release whilst avoiding the ‘CLASSIC RELEASE’ price-tag should look out for a crappy local radio compilation called the 93QFM Hometown Album Project. Got ‘When I Was Younger’ leading off Side 2. There are tons of these kinds of records – some scam Peaches records inspired. There’s one from Cleveland with the Jet Boys (‘Get The Kids Jumping’) on it too.

18. Anonymous says:

Yeah, it rules.

19. ringo says:

also — no substitute by the Shivvers a great song. Milwaukee/Chicagoland is the homeland of american power pop (w/ maybe cleveland thrown in too, for the raspberries)

20. Wink LaRue says:

I just discovered the Orbits single and its really really AMAZING!!! might appeal more to the punkers: sharp, short, jangly power-pop ala the jam (of course) but bomp!-era stiv bators, gary valentine, the nerves, etc too! YIKES this record made my week! SING SING records outta NYC is re-issuing this 45!!!

Yeah I like the Orbits 7″ too. It has been in the posting queue forever.

22. elliott says:

yes i do like some powerpop. this rocks! thanks peter

23. Alex77 says:

Jill is rad. though we haven’t formally met. she is a good friend and true to her fans. shivvers are rad. The Orbits are great as well… i’m from the midwest what do you expect.

24. Marc says:

Someone finally sell me that record, please!!