The Pagans – S/T 7″

So atonal, amateurish and damn great. Two chords and the talent to sing out of tune. You didn’t need more then that to form your very own punk rock band. And The Pagans realized that. Can’t think of a single record released in 1977 that sounds more PUNK then this. You know in the sense how it was portrayed in the media and conceived by the masses. The Pagans released some seven inches after this that where miles better but then again concidering it was done in 1977 all by themself…

I’ve added a couple of new links! Sorry for letting you guys wait. I’ve also received a couple of mails that showed up when I visited my webmail but when at home trying to download them they’ve mysteriously vanished. If you know you need an answer please write again.

Sex change in 2008.

Year: 1977
Label: Self Released
Six And Change.mp3
Six And Change.mp3

This entry was posted in 1977. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Pagans – S/T 7″

1. Erich says:

Had this on my wantlist forever, so I’m glad finally hearing this. Well, as you said, it’s not the PAGANS everybody loves, but it’s got charme and drive (the drum sound is great!). Wouldn’ mind at all seeing this sitting in one of my 7″ boxes, haha.

Thanks for the comment Erich. This post seems to be very popular ha ha.

3. Niels says:

Ex-Pagans shouter (though not on this record) Mike Hudson has written a brilliant history on his old band; you can find it here:
    Read how the complete pressing of this uber-collectors’ item was left standing outside their front door and snowed under; it took weeks before they found out it was already delivered! I agree with Erich; even though it’s much more primitive than later Pagans classics like Street Where Nobody Lives, its sheer rawness makes it a classic in his own right.

4. hdvns says:

Wow, a classic. I love ALL The Pagans. I think this is especially good for it’s sheer punk trash qualities. Thanks for the record scan. Awhile ago I posted the ‘Buried Alive’ album and ‘Cleveland Confidential’ 7″. And thanks for the link!

5. timmythepunk says:

All comments spot on, so raw and energetic, like how the guitar thrashes even harder at the 1.30 mark,now how about Not Now No Way, only heard The Creamers version which is pretty wild. Keep the reposts coming ha ha

6. degenerateen says:

Same some twice is lame shit.

7. chutney locker says:

Thats twice the quality bargain sonny jim.. you only wear one shoe gyppo dribbler ? Best Pagans track ..primitive genius…thanks !

8. Tony says:

I grew up in Cleveland so I lots of hometown love for the Pagans and understand what fueled their anger and the venom they spit out, especially on epic songs like “Dead End America”. “Six and Change” is so damn raw, the singer was not Mike Hudson but Bobby Conn who went on to play guitar for the great Defnics a few years later. I once heard a story of a guy who found a copy of “Six and Change” in a thrift store for a dollar or less (!).

9. Nathan G. says:

This blazing tune is another reason why this iste shreds.