Here’s post number 600. More then 2 years has gone by since this shitty blog started. Unbelievable bad and expensive punk has been posted. Generic hardcore has been praised. Powerpop has been downloaded in thousands by hordes of japanese melody fans without leaving a comment. And I’m sorry to say that there’s still loads of crap left to post.
When we(the TV Eye // Drummer who left after a year) started this site the two main inspirations was 7inchpunk.com for it’s music and Last Days of Man for it’s layout. 7inchpunk.com guys turned out to be run by a boring brat so the inspiration that the site had provided faded pretty quick. While Joe Stumbles Last Days has continued to be a big inspiration with it’s excellent writing. On the road it seems like 100s of new punk/hc blogs has been pooping up every month. While there are too many of them to mention them all here’s some that I’ve continued to enjoy: Good Bad Music, obviously for the funny and witty writing, great music and for being one of the most frequent commentators here. Erich and I has during the years done some split posts and more will come. Worthless Trash for it’s excellent taste in music and great writing. James needs more hits! 45Revolutions for being a complement to yeah that’s right 45 Revolutions the book. And the list can go on for some time so sorry that I’ve forgotten YOU.
About Last Day… seen some recent trackbacks from Joe and when he recently posted the debut LP of the fantastic and HIGLY underrated Th’ Inbred I had to post their debut 7″ as a complement. Have to agree on Joes reflection “I think this LP represents the closing chapter on the first wave of US Hardcore. It collapses into a pile of self-loathing and disgust.”. On Scene Deat Th’ Inbred already made it clear they soon where about to leave the “HC scene”: “We shout and spit the lyrics out. We know what punk’s all about. We play fast and loud ’cause we wanna be the in-crowd.”. When you listen to this I think you can hear that hardcore used to be non-generic and with a knack for great ideas.
Label: Frozen Sound
U.S. Of A.mp3
- Chano on The Offenders – Lost Causes/Rockin’ The Town 7″
- Punk Business Manager on The Offenders – Lost Causes/Rockin’ The Town 7″
- Monger on The Victims – Television Addict 7″
- Record fan1212 on Testors – Vol. 1 1976-1977 E.P. 10″
- AntAcid on The Outlets – S/T 7″
- Gimme Sopor on The Victims – No Thanks To The Human Turd E.P. 7″
- Gimme Sopor on The Victims – Television Addict 7″
- Clinton Chapman on Inocentes – Miséria E Fome E.P. 7″
- Ed Howard on The Offenders – Lost Causes/Rockin’ The Town 7″
- WildDevilMan on Suzannes – New Disease Sells In Europe! E.P. 7″
- Dewey Decimal on The Offenders – Lost Causes/Rockin’ The Town 7″