When I was searching for some info about Svettens Söner one of the hits was a video by the shitty band Undrop which made no sense to me at all until I took a look at their myspace site and realized that Staffan, the drummer from Svettens Söner was now playing drums in Undrop! That means that two of the three members went on to become major rock stars as the bass player Pelle Ossler later on played with Wilmer X (together with people from Kriminella Gitarrer, but don’t get excited as Wilmer X plays ordinary boring rock). And speaking of Wilmer X I saw one of their early 7inches labeled as “rare swe kbd punk” at Taang records in San Diego. Very amusing, but very wrong as I explained to the nice guy behind the counter before I spent my last money on Dils and Suicide Squad records.
As far as I can remember this was one of the first (more) obscure Swedish punk records I found, so it has a special place in my collection and I’ve played so many times it’s ridiculous. None the less I recently discovered that there’s a girl who sings lead on Harifran. I don’t know how I’ve managed to miss that as she’s listed as singer on that song on the sleeve, but it might be that southern accent that makes everyone sound the same.
Check out the awesome photos of the band playing at what looks like an office with all the folders behind them! And check out the drummer doing his best Johnny Rotten impression while sneering at the camera and giving the photographer two fingers. Pretty unusual as most Swedish bands never looked that much like punks.
- zach on Strangeways – S/T 7″
- zach on The Letters – Nobody Loves Me 7″
- Brushback on Nervous Eaters – Just Head 7″
- The Flakes // Drummer on Scumbags – Rob Noxious
- Stig Dangerman on The Heartbreakers – Born To Lose/Chinese Rocks 7″
- The Flakes // Drummer on Nervous Eaters – Just Head 7″
- ian on Nervous Eaters – Just Head 7″
- Stig Dangerman on Nervous Eaters – Just Head 7″
- Chano on The Heartbreakers – Born To Lose/Chinese Rocks 7″
- Chano on Nervous Eaters – Just Head 7″
- Martin on Nervous Eaters – Just Head 7″