Bugs – Bloody mess E.P. 7″

Four young punks with no musical experience or talent but shit loads of attitude! The drummer never figured out how to use the kick drum, but did he care? Naaah! Sloppy as hell teenage punk with lyrics that most likely got them in trouble back then, and would probably be trouble today as well. Screaming Heil Hitler out of tune while your mates tries to figure out how to play the famous forth chord always seems to upset people, anyone got any ideas why?

Once again one of my personal favorites and if you don’t like it then I don’t like you! Come on you bastards, make me feel like you need me here or I won’t post more stuff from your Swedish want list. Give me all your love in the comments and I will post the records your mother said were too rare for you thou, I promise.

Yes, Bugs did a second EP in 1980 and two of the songs on that one are amazing so it will be posted here as well, if you give me enough love, that is. And for those of you who are about to ask; no, the drummer plays bass on the other EP, and yes, it’s Mattes brother Rogge who plays drums on Uniformerade man and therefor makes it sound so tight and wimpy… sounds a bit like Blitzen when I think about it.

No, they weren’t Nazis! Learn the superior language for fuck’s sake!

Country: Sweden
Year: 1979
Label: Bugs
NRP.mp3
De e fel.mp3
Uniformerade man.mp3
Bloody mess.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Bugs – Bloody mess E.P. 7″

Peter, was it me or you who put this bastard in loads of different year categories? 1979 is enough in my opinion

It was you. I’ll change it. Confusing ehhh.

3. Very confusing. I had to look at the cover 4 times just to make sure that it wasn’t released in 4 different years. It will never happen again, I hate confusion.

What a mess! I had to listen to the 4 songs to figure out what year they where recorded.

5. Confusion is sex! And this is sexy too – so what are lyrics about then? I don’t speak socialdemocratic-furniture-mongolian :-(

6. It’s the usual lyrics about the IKEA hammock Adolf, but sung in a social democratic way. It upsets ppl today as well. The name of the hammock and the singing style just makes the average Swede very. very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very annoyed. Most of the times the Swede gets so upset that he mutters for himself when noone’s around. It’s horrible!

7. Senap says:

Yes, another epic from my youth. Sounds quite alright here rajt now as well. Speaking of furnitures; wasn’t it a GBG band with a garderob hidden in its name (blink blink)? Could be a nice future post for all sociopathic-förnitur-mongoliods out there to put their teeth in!
    Go ahead punk, make my day!?

Hell yeah Mustard! I have TT Garderob in the drafts. Uploaded and ready to go soon.

9. Senap says:

GÖTT!!! sa flickan om rönnbären!

10. I got TT ready to be posted as well, so if you don’t post it soon Peter, I will… And then I will ruin your life!

11. eek says:

More killer tracks!

Thanks, this is great!

13. Joe says:

Looking forward to hearing the second ep. NRP has been one of my favourite songs since hearing it on a bloodstains comp a few years ago.

14. Joe says:

Does anyone know the name of the second EP?

The second EP is called Computer is no loser and will be posted within a few days.

16. I just read that Johan who sang on this EP sang in P.F. Commando for a while as well. Anyway, the second effort from these guys is being ripped right now.

17. I used to be the singer and front man of Bizex-B. We used to cover the song “N.R.P”.
    I also know some of the Bugs guys personally.
    The singer, for example. Mr Johan Mehrens.

And yes, Johan did sing with PF Commando for a while and also with a band called Malcolm Mc Mehrens & The Animals.

The second EP is ace as well.

18. elliott says:

wooooo! can’t understand a word of it except on one song but the music is really good! thanks dude (i don’t know your name because i only know peter sorry man) but you both have some killer music and sweden rocks! and they make good meetballs too.

19. Urrke T says:

One of the best swedish Punk-7″s ever! But on the second 7″ from 1980 the bassplayer is a guy called Jimmy Sohl. Not Matte. And Rogge Eriksson who plays the drums on “Uniformerade Män” on this 7″ is not anything close to Mattes brother. They are not even cousins ;-) But at the end of the day – who cares? ;-)

20. Nathan G says:

Thrilling sounds! Feel free to post many more Svensk punk records and tapes!

21. brian h says:

cool!

22. Lee Harvey & The Confederates says:

Raw at its best! I don’t understand how you can play in such a pussy ass band, but listen to great gems like The Bugs. The Flakes are pussies.

23. putte says:

Does anyone know how many copies this ep was pressed in?
    Because its rarely turn up for sale

24. putte says:

Ok! Thanks
    the reason i asked is because i have seen sellers claiming it was pressed in 200 copies
    and some in 300 copies,but i also think that seems to few

25. With my Asperger “light” I love numebers. Yes – 500!!!

26. Jag says:

Attentat, Bitch boys, bugs, ksmb, nationalteatern, ebba grön, imperiet, 6-10, svea svin, göteborg sound, baiters, sotkcholms negrer, rolands gossekör, tant brun, strindbergs, commando, pf. Det finns så mycket bra skit! :D