Aaah! The artwork for Disco Zombies second release is one of the best, if not THE best artworks done in the history of punk rock. The scanning don’t do it justice, but no matter what, this is the way to do a wraparound sleeve, so take notice if you’re in a band and about to release a 7″. I’ve seen it in a greenish version as well but nothing says punk as much as pink, right?!
Drums over London is one of those perfect punk hits that grabs you gently by the throat and makes you walk around and sing the chorus for days on end, and admit that you want to hear it a few more times then the 32 times that are already in the song. Or maybe not as it would make the song slightly too long, which is my guess of what the bassist thought as well as he just gives up playing 3.23 into the song! Maybe he got lost in all his noodling?
Heartbeats love isn’t as immediately catchy, but at least the rhythm guitar manage to fuck up the intro in a very amusing way. I think I know why he played rhythm instead of lead… Well, a catchy chorus and a great and short outro makes it a minor hit at least.
I’m quite sure the label was named after the South Circular line in London and I have a feeling someone once said that one of the members had a record shop called South Circular as well. Someone from the UK should have more info about this band I guess.
Label: South Circular
Drums over London.mp3
- Chano on Missbrukarna – Krigets gentlemen Cassette
- rayss on Missbrukarna – Krigets gentlemen Cassette
- princy on Funboy Five – Life After Death/Compulsive Eater 7″
- zach on Mandarines – S/T E.P. 7″
- Chano on The Offenders – Lost Causes/Rockin’ The Town 7″
- Punk Business Manager on The Offenders – Lost Causes/Rockin’ The Town 7″
- Monger on The Victims – Television Addict 7″
- Record fan1212 on Testors – Vol. 1 1976-1977 E.P. 10″
- AntAcid on The Outlets – S/T 7″
- Gimme Sopor on The Victims – No Thanks To The Human Turd E.P. 7″
- Gimme Sopor on The Victims – Television Addict 7″