The Dils – S/T 7″

Well known but still essential. Everybody needs to hear The Dils at least once in their lifetime. Here´s your chance in case you´ve missed out.

I´m too hungover and bummed cause of the troubles with the site lately so I want to keep it short(just like my dick). Things will become more stable and A LOT faster from now on.

Year: 1977
Label: What?
I Hate The Rich.mp3
You´re Not Blank.mp3

This entry was posted in 1977. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The Dils – S/T 7″

I think you are too hungover, not too hangover…hahahaha. I have an idea. Maybe if you give up drinking alcohol, you will feel better. Just an idea. :)

oh man here comes the english punk teacher ;).

i drink too seldom these days. sooner or later i´ll pick up all these YOT records again.

Fy fan va bra. I ama froma Sveden. Doo yu oonderstannd??? Long live the Hives!!

You´re almost there Jay. What you wrote looks like this in swedish:
    Fy fan vad bra. Jag är från Sverige. Förstår du? Länge leve The Hives.

I knew I would get it sooner or later. Ay willa trya agenna layterr..hahaha The Hives are the last of the true Svedish punk bands!!!Long live the Hives!!!

6. You included the original “Oils”-cover. Very cool!

7. eddy tompkins says:

Hi, just found your site, great stuff … I would argue that this is the first hardcore record, what do you think?

8. jimichirri says:

for me this is the first american hardcore record, too. i think the cover you have posted is the second pressing. the bad brains single is from 1980. this is from 1977, three years before!!.

Hi jimi! The sleeve I have is the first press. The so called “oil” sleeve cause of the lettering. It’s hard to say which is the first but I think all elements of the early HC that started to bloom in 80/81 can be found in Middle Class-Out of Vogue 7″ from 1978 posted here:

10. Paul C says:

I think In A Car is the 1st ‘proper’ hc record. I mean you’re not going to scare anyone with Middle Class or The Dils are you? pretty tame stuff compared to Dolphin Fields.

11. Nathan G says:

Brilliant dadaesque cover on this baby! Your Not Blank kills!!