Missbrukarna – Krigets gentlemen Cassette

Acklet was the first track I heard from this now classic tape by Swedens Missbrukarna. It was aired on the swedish state controlled channel P3 and the show was Ny Vag. They played a couple of more tracks like Brinnande kors, Energi at Sverige and Var ar all sex? I think. It still bogles my mind that no one released this as an LP back when. Rolf I know you’re lurking around here tell us.

As a youngster I could play this from start to finish only to skip Vi blev radd(odd grammar here). It’s still great but today I think there’s a couple of fillers I could live without like Vredens dagar and Van av ordning. And still the most outstanding track: Acklet the creative use of feedback gives me chills man.

Country: Sweden
Var ar all sex.mp3
Aven i sma krig grater starka man.mp3
Valdets triumf.mp3
Vi blev radd.mp3
Slo, slapp o likgiltig.mp3
Sondra o harska.mp3

This entry was posted in 1983. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Missbrukarna – Krigets gentlemen Cassette

1. BEST DEMO TAPE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Peter, I want your spare copy.

2. Tony says:

Basta svenska bandet nagonsin (nja, Cimex da kanske). Skit skit sketa bra!

3. Nick says:

I’ve spent many a drunk night/hungover morning yelling the AHHH-AHHs from overlevarna at people on the street. great tape!

4. One of my favourite Swedish bands ever. I love how the drums sound on this. But speaking of favorite Swedish bands: OH MY GOD YOU PLAYED IN RAPED TEENAGERS!!! I absolutely idolize RT and have been reading your blog for a while, but never knew the connection, now I read the Descendents entry and I’m thinking about the wonders of the internet.
    Really, you have no idea how much I like Raped Teenagers. Fanboy comment over.

5. I would say that Vi blev rädd is the only filler. Every other song is totally amazing!
    I sure hope your spare copy is the green cover version as this pink one is pretty damn gay;)

For those of you who don’t own this mandatory tape there’s a bootleg 7″ version released on Mundo Hardcore that has 10 of the songs from the tape + 4 live tracks from the previous mentioned radio show Ny Vag.

But speaking of mandatory things: OMG YOU PLAYED IN CHICKENPOX! AND IDENTITY! AND PRANK!

6. Oh, maybe I should add that bootlegs are illegal, so don’t buy the bootleg 7″, buy the original tape or vredens dagar will be all over you. And that’s pretty hard to överleva, just like a kristen rensning, but at least it gives energi åt Sverige, just like brinnande kors and stela små barn (and they can also be used as skydd mot de fattiga). Refuse to be slö, slapp och likgiltig otherwise we’ll see våldets triumf!

7. Charlie M says:

Isn’t it time you posted the Raped Teenagers EP up here Peter? Or is it posted elsewhere?

8. Tony says:

Identity wasn’t all bad either…but obviously Raped Teenagers are pure Swedish gold. Kristen Resning No. 1 Swedish hard core song ever.

9. Sorling posted 2 live recordings of Missbrukarna a few months ago for those of you who missed it (just do a search at http://sirling.blogg.se/ and you’ll find it). Maybe it’s about time for my boss to update the link to his blog by the way?

10. Snuffe says:

Wow Holy Shit ! This is still as good as it was in the good old days…..
    Best Swedish band in 2008 ?? hmmm …. must be TV EYE

Fantastic!!!!!! Thanks!! :)

12. ANTIAVANS says:

THIS is Gold!

13. LHOOQtius says:

This is friggin’ awesome. This band should have been bigger — and I mean having a filthy back patch dangling from the tattered army jackets clinging to half the gutterpunks begging me for change all the time big. Even painted on skateboard decks big. Why wasn’t this ever a legit vinyl release? So sad.

14. Sometimes it’s really weird to see how music historiography works. How could this be NOT regarded top class HC of the finest sort? Thanks to blogs like this, this might change one day. An official vinyl release should be made. RIGHT NOW!!!

• Nathan G says:

I demand that this recording that is the ultimate apex of an albums worth of songs by any HC group be available on every known format at this time in history – especially vinyl!!!!

No Pedro I don´t really know how much you love Raped T. but I sure would like to know ;). Thanks for the kind words.

16. Chata Ortega says:

Mob 47,Anti-Cimex,DYS med fler klassiker är borta ur min ägo. Icke denna fina snurrmojäng med härligt Forsaljud. KRUNCH “När varje steg…” kassett är oxå fin. Bara Venom är bättre…än ABBA.

17. Pekka says:

Jag har den minsann med grönt omslag!

18. Renik says:

Truly classic Swedish punk. Good stuff.

19. rijkse says:

one of the best records of all time!!!

20. elliott says:

i also love raped teenagers. and the flakes. maybe it’s the amazing drummer. i’m nont kissing your ass i really doo love those bands. and this demo. what a tape! sweden had some of the best hc and powerpop ever.

Glad you like it elliott!

22. Ian says:

Who has heard the Typhus flexi (or the recent 12″ reissue, which is how I heard it)? Is it me, or does the chorus of Kong Kong Girl sound a lot like the chorus of Du ar Inte Du by Missbrukarna?

Got a copy of this one up on Ebay right now

24. RR says:

So now it´s out! What is out?! Well-the Missbrukarna-“Zooma in en zombie” lp on Skrammel Records!!!

25. Chano says:

Why have you never told me that you had posted this masterpiece in your blog, Pete? (I can hear your answer echoing in my brain: “because you never asked me!”: D) I heard 3 cuts on some comp tape, a few years ago, but this is the first time i listen to this in its entirety. Definitely one of the best HC bands of all time and from any place. Thank you thank you THANK YOU!! :)

Because you never asked me! ;). Glad you enjoy it Chano!