The Killers – Edge City/Punchout 7″

Even though I´m not in the mood to write anything at all I still have to post a record. It´s my duty to you. And as the responsible person I am I here give you The Killers from Cleveland, Ohio. Edge City is right up my ass/ally. Quirky and with plenty of hookers to kill for. Punchout is typical new wavish punk in the vein that Jay Thurston is so fond of. You know what? I just want to write down some words to cheer me up: dick, cunt, clit, turd, ass, cock, kuken, fittan, klittan, bettan, plättan, apan, satan.

Year: 1981
Label: Huh? Oh?
Edge City.mp3
Punchout.mp3

This entry was posted in 1981. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The Killers – Edge City/Punchout 7″

1. Brian says:

Hi sorry your not feeling well. Just want to say I appreciate your site very much. I just got the Swedish punk encyclopedia by peter jandreus and its caused me to make request of 2nd and 3rd Usch 7″ . . . also band I hear of called Mogel? Girl band? Thank you and I can’t thank you enough for your site my friend.

2. Brian says:

OH also want to hear this band called BUTTER UTTER that is praised so much about falling down!

Ha ha Brian, I´m feeling fine sorry if I gave another impression. I´m just soooo tired but still wanted to post something :).

4. Charlie M says:

Now…is this the same Killers who put out an LP on Ariola that seems to appear on endless wants lists? And what is THAT LP like?
    This reminds me of the best and worst Boomtown Rats tracks all mixed up in a blender – singer even sounds like Geldof.

5. hairy palm says:

Hooooooorrrrrriiiiibbbbbllllllllleeeeeeee

hairy palm has spoken! Need I say more??

7. Charlie M says:

It’s pretty bad……!
    But I’m glad I got to hear it. Hey – the voice of liberalism…………….

8. Senap says:

The A-side went right my ass too Peter!
    Görbra!!
    Butt the the b-side wasn’t my cup of tea.

Edge City is music for people with taste. Good taste. I pity you guys!

I lack in the “taste” department.

11. Jeff says:

Cleveland’s band The Killers, not to be confused with the current band calling themselves ‘The Killers’, started life as Insanity and the Killers. They had this little gem of a 45 as well as a 12″ EP called ‘The Throwaway EP’. This is worth tracking down if not for any other reason than the great ‘Microwave Suicide’. One of my favourite bands from the early 80s Cleveland punk scene (along with Easter Monkeys, Baloney Heads and The Raven Slaughter Band).

12. Michael says:

Did anybody notice that “Edge City” (at least the chorus) is almost exactly similiar to Ian Durys “Sweet Gene Vincent”? Still: better than The Killers from Las Vegas, anyway …