The Insane – S/T E.P. 7″

insane_frontinsane_back
insane_label_ainsane_label_b

Two weeks ago one of my shelfs just gave up and 5 7″ was lying all over the floor. One of the boxes lying there was the one with rejected darlings for sale/trade. I gave The Insane’s first(?) another spin and realized I had to keep it. And what a keeper it is. So incredible raw. Fantastic sound that cuts through your ear drums like a psychotic Santa armed with a chainsaw ready to let some children ride his sharp and roaring gift. They did a second 7″ El Salvador that I didn’t pay much attention but it may be as great as this? Really like the sleeve for this one too.

Country: UK
Year: 1981
Label: Riot City
Politics.mp3
Dead And Gone.mp3
Last Day.mp3

This entry was posted in 1981. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to The Insane – S/T E.P. 7″

1. mrpoopy says:

El Salvadore is pretty much the same as this–almost sounds like the same recording session. I always wondered what that live record on Rock-o-Rama sounded like (RR33).

2. Bloody hell – this is RAW. As I told you on ICQ, Peter, I too had this for ages and never really LISTENED to it. Sometimes, records get better with age, just like good wine does. I’m gonna pull this out of my “for sale” box first thing tomorrow!

Geeze Louise, do you seriously own 500 7inches? If so, you should start an mp3 blog or something and post some of them!

What?? 500 7″s? Did I write that? Check the post again Martin.

5. Senap says:

I did what you guys didn’t and actually sold the record. But this is a great piece of wax so I’m gonna download the songs. I can really sense the smell of squats in Haga when I hear this again. “El Salvador” was a great tune as well even though the b-sideversion of “Chinese Rocks” sucked horsepenis. Their third 7″ was a step in the wrong direction, if i remember it right?

What? 5 7″??? Dude, you better start a blog or something and share…you greedy, self centered, bugger. :+)

This record sounds to me like every band that was in England at this time…thanks for sharing.

8. Only heard “Last day” before on “Punk and disorderly” LP and it really stood out. It fitted well in my musical taste then as I was into Disorder and early Chaos U.K. Great post!

Oops, my mistake! I did as you said and read the post again. 5 7″ makes way more sense. I have 2 of those small records and 7 big ones. All is great punk by a band called B.A.D.

10. mrpoopy says:

Chinese Rocks? Perhaps there are two versions of El Salvador or is my memory failing me? The one I’m referring to had three songs: El Salvador, Nuclear War (a great track, I might add!), and the same version of Politics as the record on this post. And, again, there was a record on Rock-o-Rama that I’ve never seen in the flesh or heard. Generic Brit punk but I always wanted to hear more by these guys.

11. MrPoopy: The Rock-o-Rama live LP has never been released. As far as I know, it went to the stage of testpressings, but that was it. I think I have a tape copy somewhere.

12. Senap says:

mrpoopy>> I had to google it since my memory could have failed me. But I found out that the b-side was Chinese Rocks and Nuclear War. But there could be other pressings that I don’t know of?

Yeah Erich it´s worth keeping for sure :).

14. james says:

The comment that this is typical sounding britsh punk made my smile. This record always had a contribuiton on all my punk tapes for mates. good stuff.

15. CORPUS77 says:

REMEMBER SEEING THESE GUYS IN THE EARLY 80’S- IN FACT SAW BOTH BANDS ( THEY SPLIT UP AND THEN REFORMED WITH 2 BANDS BOTH CALLED ” THE INSANE” WITH 2 MEMBERS EACH OF THE ORIGINAL INSANE !!)

16. Haha, great photo. Who are these clowns?

17. Dirk says:

Maybe this one’s is the best UK82 stuff. I am surprised all you drummers don’t praise the original
    do do ta
    do do ta
    do do ta
    do ta do ta
    ta do ta
    etc… drumming on dead and gone

The best thing about this record is that it doesn´t sound UK82 at all and the drumming on Dead and Gone is cool in small doses.

19. taqn86 says:

I’m not sure but I got it from this website while lurking for pictures of kriegshög

I am so glad this record doesn’t sound like Punk and Disorderly 1, at all. Hahahaha.

21. Dirk says:

I remember I went to see Disorder in Antwerp and they couldn’t make it to the gig, so Insane played there instead. Needles to say it was AMAZING!

22. jimichirri says:

the drummer is bambi who was also in discharge and recorded the “why” 12″. for what i know, the insane recorded this ep as a trio with the guitar player singing too. i’ve got a live album edited in late 80’s in an u.k. label and is pretty good, probably is the closest thing to the unreleased rock-o-rama lp. cheers.

23. Renik says:

Good band name and album cover. The songs kick ass too. A deffinate classic.

24. Emanuel says:

this was great. Their best song was on a motarhate compilation.the song was called “the whole worlds going insane.”Still sounds very raw but it almost leans tward a pop-punk sound. from what i remember the other couple of 7″ were’nt great.

25. Nathan G says:

*Fucking incredible shit!!!

26. gerry molyneaux says:

great band and great release,and their second was ok too.met them in amsterdam aroung the early ’80’s,sound geezers.another good band were INSTANT AGONY.

27. gabe says:

uk82 is not a style it’s the second wave of punk cus in 1982 the same amount of punk single’s were sold as 1977