The Features – S/T 7″

features_drab_frontfeatures_drab_backfeatures_drab_insert
features_drab_label_afeatures_drab_label_b

I’ve read at several places that this blog focus on Euro punk. If you go through the post you’ll find that 80% of it is american stuff. That’s just cause it happens to mirror my taste. I think american punk/hc 1975-1984 is the shit. No other country produced so many unique sounding bands and it probably has to do with the yankees proudly polished individualism. Thank god for that! No thanks to so many other stuff that’s not so good with their politics and corporate america. But you know that that has been talked about so many times and all you real punx know what you shall think and believe in and that’s that USA is really the big Satan. Nothing good can come out of that country right. I say USA any day! Do I? No not really.

So I try to balance up the site country wise a little bit now and then. UK had of course it’s big share of fantastic bands. Especially the 1979 era when the punk has gone more pop. No doubt that’s my favorite era. If I shall boil down my taste a little bit the pop wins me over everyday and any day. And what has all this rambling to do anything with UK’s The Features? Probably nothing. But who cares? I am punx! And as the true punx I am I give you, for FREE(every punx like it free), two great cuts from the golden punk year of 1977. If you want to find out more check out the 45 Revolutions book by Mario.

Country: UK
Year: 1977
Label: Progress
Drab City.mp3
Job Satisfaction.mp3

This entry was posted in 1977. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The Features – S/T 7″

1. I’d say the Punx is the the big Satan and long live the U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!!!! And the features, who (although brits) were the shits! Luv em. Luv you. Luv me.

2. Tom says:

There’s not a damn thing wrong with our politics, at least up to this point.

Sorry Tom! Horray for the Reagan and Bush era :D!! That was a great time in the history of mankind! When historians will look back they will see how smooth and gentle G. Bush tackled the terrorist threat. His knowledge about foreign policy will be praised. His deep and well renowned links to the oil business will be… sorry forget about that ha ha.

4. Senap says:

What an awesome little single! Never heard this before. “Drab City” rules from now on! That crashcymbal is wicked ;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Great record!

Thanx for this fine record. And how odd that you posted it no more than a week after I had a little conversation with Tony the Manager about it.

7. Tom says:

Peter,

Apology accepted.

The UK sure had some fantastic hidden gems like this, didn’t they?

8. behjan says:

Peter,
    the insert I have is just a 7″x7″ one-sided b/w thin paper that states the titles,label´s name and line-up and it was bought by someone in summer 1978 in London´s Rough Trade shop before he sold it to me.
    Makes me think that there are two (or more?) variations of its rare insert
    45 REVOLUTIONS says :
    “625 pressed, 500 with sleeve, some with insert and also some of all the blank-labels hand-written”
    Were there copies lacking the sleeve,the insert AND the hand-written labels , hahaha ?
    Peter (or someone else) ,can you please scan and send me that insert shown above -if possible? Many thanks,says the “insert-nerd” !
    As for the music, I want to hear that remake of MAX SPLODGE on his 1982 solo LP “In Search Of The Seven Golden Gussets” named “PILCHARD FREAK” (“Job Satisfaction”with changed lyrics) !!! Where can I hear it on the Net or who can send me an MP3 ? 45 REVOLUTIONS states
    such a song and to quote Chuck H2D from one of his 15-years old list :
    “2-gtr HERO RiffPunk” – yeah!!!

No problem behjan. I´ll do a 300dpi scan of the insert. But I want a scan of yours in trade since I is an insert nerd too :D.

10. behjan says:

Peter,I have no scanner but give me your snail-mail address (off-the-blog, if you want) and I kindly post it 2U, of course!

11. Speed says:

There isn’t much about them on the net but other sources say this came out in ’78 or ’79. Does anyone know for sure?

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

I rely on Marios/45 Revolutions book here which states 1977 to be the year of the release.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Here’s some info that Mario writes: “Formed in 1976 in Opington, Kent. …in September ’77…recorded these two Punk tracks which emerged on vinyl two months later…”

12. Valeria says:

Long live U.S.A. Tom is right: “There’s not a damn thing wrong with our politics, at least up to this point”.

13. Lieutenant030 says:

Wow, I’d never heard of The Features ’til today!

They’re from the town where I was born and spent the next 35 years – Orpington, Kent (6 miles from Bromley).

I was only 11 when this was released but a couple of years later I was hanging around with punks in Bromley. I’m making some enquiries of people I knew who knew members of other bands back then. If I find out anything, I’ll post it here.

14. JJJ says:

CHEATER !!! You used the same pic for the front and back side !!!