The Genral Foodz – Be So Funny/Love Potion Nr.9 7″

genralfoodz_frontgenralfoodz_back
genralfoodz_label_agenralfoodz_label_b

I just feel for some real chainsaw guitars to cut off some of the comments following the last post. Bostons Genral Foodz which I of course don’t know too much about except that Italys Rave Up released a compilation with ‘em. Be So Funny is just classic kbd punk with a shitty production and a fantastic song played with frenzy and snottiness. Love Potion Nr. 9 ain’t too bad either much thanks to the crap production and its shortness. By the way, Destiny wasn’t that the label that released a couple of records by the scumbag GG Allin?

Year: 1980
Label: Destiny
Be So Funny.mp3
Love Potion Nr.9.mp3

This entry was posted in 1980. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to The Genral Foodz – Be So Funny/Love Potion Nr.9 7″

1. Levi Johnston says:

You coward, Peter! Despite your self-described “small genitals,” I thought you would have the balls to follow up the last post with some REAL Nazi shit!

The A-side of this is pretty great. Thanks.

2. malfeitor says:

Haven’t listened to this yet but goddamn that is one atrocious cover.

3. Monger says:

They couldnt even spell “General” right,so you know its a winner!…then you hear it…..

4. Anonymous says:

Man, this site is a freakin’ godsend. How in the hell do you post songs so others can open them in Itunes with the artwork & everything? It’s driving me crazy. I’ve got tons o’ stuff I’m burning from vinyl but can’t for the life of me figure out how you do that. Any tips would make me love your site all the more. thanks, John.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Thanks John, it’s pretty easy. You just right click on the file in iTunes(sorry I’m a mac geek nowadays before that I used MonkeyAudio or something like that) and choose properties. There you have the possibility to add the artwork. So scanning, cropping and resizing in Photoshop and then into iTunes. The image files will then be part of the mp3 file.

• Anonymous says:

Thanks for the info! You’re the man.

• Anonymous says:

I must be doing something wrong, how do I just paste a song onto my blog from my itunes? it doesn’t give me the ‘properties’ option when I right-click on a song.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

If you got a blog like the one here, which use Worpress http://www.wordpress.org, then you have to upload the songs from your hard drive onto the server where the blog resides. You can not, though it would be nice, just drag and drop files from iTunes to the blog you’re working on. So the right click and then choose “properties” thing I talked about is just for “tagging” the mp3 files with song name, adding album scans etc.

5. John says:

Here’s my email. thanks.

6. This one truly kicks ass! So much better than the previous post.

Sorry bout that Peter, I’ve tried to become a true nazi so many times, but I just can’t stand the knee-high boots and army pants my nazi friends wanted me to wear. It’s just not enough almost-punk for me.

8. You’re right! Nazis always pays respect to guys in wheel chairs as they got more wheels than any random nazi fella.

9. Kount Jizznack says:

Nice and filthy. A true masterpiece.

10. Brushback says:

Man, I’ve been waiting to hear this single forever. Some (or at least one) of these guys went on to form the Boston hardcore band PTL Klub, and Al Quint (Suburban Voice) mentioned Genral Foodz in his first write-ups about PTL Klub in MRR, Suburban Voice, etc. I’ve always wondered what these songs sounded like.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Yeah I tried to figure out which of ‘em went on to PTL Klub. Since I’m a lazy bastard I never bothered to dig out my PTL Klub demo tape to check.

11. Dirk says:

Got the Rave Up release, guess I should listen to it again….

12. dewey decimal says:

Always wanted to hear this and this is the first time … what a disappointment. Thanks for posting it and saving me a boatload of $$ now that I can cross it off my want list.

13. Al says:

Hey… cool blog… all of the Foodz guys went on to be in PTL except for the drummer. And they got threatened with a lawsuit by the real General Foodz. I was disappointed that the LP didn’t include “Dog Faced Boy,” which I remember seeing them in 1980 (the only time I saw them)…

14. Al says:

… which I remember SEEING THEM PLAY… can’t type. Fuckin’ pain meds.

15. elliott says:

good but not as good as “the scumbag gg allin” haha just had to say that. good record. didn’t know about the ptl club conection. you have a demo by those guys? want! really want!

16. Mighty manfred says:

Yeah, 3 of the foodz guys went on to PTL KLUB…The singer became the infamous DR. DEATH…both bands were Awesome…PTL KLUB was the more wide reaching band having released several records on the legendary MYSTIC Records label…which are also collectable and expensive if you can find them.

17. Sidney Beers says:

On the cover of their Rave Up Comp you can see that one of this guys looks like GG^