Young Identities – New Trends E.P. 7″

youngidentities_front1youngidentities_back1
youngidentities_label_a1youngidentities_label_b1

This is a re-post from Nov. the 3rd 2006. Added bigger scans and new high quality rips of all the tracks

If you got tinnitus like me this is the record for you! It has some very high background noise that’s a real pleasure for your ears. But who cares as long as it’s this great. Totaly snotty punk rock out of Australia and you know you can’t go wrong with that.

Once again I downloaded the versions over at 7inchpunk.com just to find out there where something that wasn’t right. I guess those tracks are from some remastered version that’ve been speeded up a little bit AND the lovely noise was gone. So here you get them directly ripped from my copy.

Mandatory reading is Ryan Richardsons article about Young Identities:”In 1977, Peter Miller from Brisbane’s outer Western suburbs was already a minor player in the city’s punk music scene. He worked part-time at Discreet Music, one of only two local record stores that imported U.K and American music. He edited one of Brisbane’s first fanzines, The Rat, and ran local punk gigs outside the premises of the Darra Cement Works.“.

Country: Australia
Year: 1979
Label: Shake Music
New Trends.mp3
Instant Feelings.mp3
Threats.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Young Identities – New Trends E.P. 7″

1. Tom says:

I’d be willing to wager that part of the difference is the bitrate. You used 192 kbps vs. his 128 kbps. Your version does sound more manic.

Keep up the good work!

Amazing!

i love this!

4. Justin says:

awesome post! Instant Feelings sounds like something the Dickies would write if they had lived in Brisbane.

5. timmythepunk says:

The Brisbane, Australia punk bands were featured in an ABC one hour doco starting with The Saints flyers for parties cica 1974, up to Young Identities home videos circa 1980. It was broadcast maybe twice in mid to late eighties.The”Shakedown” compilation collected all the singles and epees,from this area,released last year in Australia.The Brisbane bands always seemed to be more buzzsaw and snotty than the other OZ cities.The Saints summed up this attitude in their 1976 debut single “Im Stranded”.

6. Wendy Willemse says:

I would love to get in contact with Gavin McLeod of the Young Identities. We used to be buddies back in the “old days”. If anybody knows him, please pass on the message. I’m Wendy … the one with crap taste in music!

Absolutely amazing to say the least! We (Lognhalsmottagningen) have done a swedish cover of Positive Thinking from their other EP. Will appear on a new 7″ sooner or later.

8. Rod McLeod says:

Hey Martin, I wouldnt mind hearing that cover of ‘Positive Thinking’…especially since I wrote some 30 years ago!
    Would be a scream.

Hi Rod,

you can just send a mail to this website with your address and I’ll send you a copy once the 7″ is released.

Cheers
    /Martin

10. Phil and Min says:

HEY PAUL! r u still alive u mad cunt!(paul murry that is) anyone know where he is now? thanx, Phil+Min.

• Anonymous says:

Sad to say Phil & Min, Paul passed away earlier this year. Unfortunate use of chemicals I’m afraid. I hadnt seen him in over 15 years and was shocked and saddened by the news as I’m sure you are. You’re right though, he was fucking mad!

11. The Dutchess of Dork says:

A cryptic one that will make no sense to anyone. The Peter Pan of Punk taught me “be careful what you wish for”.