The Alternators – S/T 7″

There’ve been some more UK punk posted lately on here. Great! Here’s another gem in my opinion. Keyboard driven punk rock that is on the border of being annoying but just sound like they want to say “na na na na” while sticking out their tongue. Which track is the better one? I can’t choose I love them both just the same. Ok No Answers might be a little bit more hook laden.

The NRG label sure released some awesome 7″s but why no sleeves? I can understand it’s a matter of money but hell xerox copies wouldn’t be that expensive. Apparently a fan made up a sleeve of his own according to Dizzy at the Detour site: http://www.boredteenagers.co.uk/alternators.htm. And what a sleeve! Wonder if the boys in The Alternators where happy with a picture of an SS cap on the front. Oh well head over to the above link to read some more about the band.

Country: UK
Year: 1978
Label: NRG
No Answers.mp3
Kid Don’t Know.mp3

This entry was posted in 1978. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Alternators – S/T 7″

This is some serious, catchy as fuck music. Thanks.

2. b e h j a n says:

They should have taken that fan-made sleeve shown at the “BORED TEENAGERS” site -for all copies of their cool single. One song made it onto the 1st “England Belongs To Me” compilation LP -quite rightly so.
    Only by reading the “45 REVOLUTIONS” encyclopedia,it revealed to me that
    this one is NOT on the same-named label as their countrymen THE DRIVE
    from the same time.Confusing.

Jay and Behjan two of the most dedicated commentators at the moment, thanks!

Don’t forget yourself Peter, you’re quite a busy commentator as well! I think you deserve a thanks for that as well.

Oh, forgot to say that the b-side is my favorite. Organs always songs catchier in my book (and by book I mean the bible of course). Thou shall have no other books than thee.

6. rijkse says:

i think i would have liked it better without organs or whatever that is.

7. Martin Geldart says:

Hi i was the bass player in the band
    the songs turned out a bit to fast they were live tracks first

8. jame says:

No Answers starts magnificently but then goes downhill a bit. Kid Don’t Know has the edge for me.

• Martin Geldart says:

That build up in No answers was the first number in the set, and was played in the dark and inly when the song starts the lights came up. as if we had a producer he probably would have told us to leave ou the build up