The Vores – S/T 7″

vores_frontvores_backvores_card
vores_label_avores_label_b

I think this the second and last 7″ from The Vores is better since it doesn’t have any fillers. Their first was posted here: http://www.kbdrecords.com/2009/04/22/the-vores-love-canal-ep-7/. Stress needs a little patient, which I don’t usually have, but it has grown on me. But the the winner is of course Forget That Guy a melancholic powerpop/punk smasher. The Vores logo is just fantastic by the way. Coupled with the minimalistic graphic forms the whole sleeve looks so damn good. By the way why did it take them so long to release their second record?

Year: 1980
Label: Family Only
Stress.mp3
Forget That Guy.mp3

This entry was posted in 1980. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Vores – S/T 7″

1. Ron says:

LOVE IT!!!!

2. Brian C. says:

I like “Stress” cause its fast reggae without being ska. A fingersnappin’ rhythm indeed. And its got some of the psychosis of “Amateur Surgeon” (wow that title) and “Get out of my way” with that Pere Ubu guitar solo. “Forget that Guy” has a great guitar sound too. The Vores–wow, you never know what to expect from these gents. According to the D of ANW, their comp tracks are “new wave” . . . anybody heard them? I’m a bigger Vores fan everyday.

I got new requests: Crucified (Chicago), Peroxide (NYC), Pom Poms (NYC), Man Tit (NYC), Labial Fricative (NYC), Cynics (Alaska), Plads (Alaska), Squids (Hawaii), and the Ticks (Idaho).

Another popular post ha ha. You guys have bad music taste.

Cute guys and a really good record!

How about some Nitad now??? They are my new favorite Svedish band….

I rather put on some Slöa Knivar:

7. chris says:

Excellent! Now, can anyone help? Am looking for download of 1999 powerpop smasher hey you! By donny denim. Can someone post or point me in right direction? Thanks!!

I could post some Nitad 7inches for you Jay as I’ve thought about doing it someday anyway. I think I prefer Personangrepp over Slöa Knivar when talking about new swepunk bands that recently released records.

9. biff riff says:

It took so long between records because we didn’t have any money!

10. Alex77 says:

wow, what would i do without this blog…

11. El Dorko says:

ElDorkoPunkRetro The Vores – Forget That Guy … http://www.kbdrecords.com/ …is the most completely awesome website on this fucking planet…just so you know…

Vores The – Forget That Guy
    | play
    Nov 6, 2010 at 7:11 am | AMAZON | ITUNES

~from blip.fm

12. Jon says:

Saw these guys at Max’s Kansas City in 1980 and chatted with them. They were from Buffalo!

13. JAILBAIT JANET says:

Thanks for this, you Swedish hunk. I had only heard Love Canal, but now my cookies are baking to the sounds of Forget That Guy. OoOoOoOoOoo kille godis