Last Stand – Just A Number/Caviare 7″

laststand_frontlaststand_back
laststand_label_alaststand_label_b

I’m on total UK trip at the moment. So let’s post another soft and wimpy record, you know the kind of records Jay Thurston secretly spins when his wife isn’t near which could lead her to believe Jay grown soft. Just A Number is kind of a nice pop song with a 60’s vibe. But Caviare is the reason you’ll spin the record. It’s not super catchy and the singer sounds a bit sour sometimes but it has something that grabs me. Maybe it’s the drive or the overall punchy production.

Of course Dizzy/Detour has a Last Stand page:

Country: UK
Year: 1981
Label: Silly Symbol
Just A Number.mp3
Caviare.mp3

This entry was posted in 1981. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Last Stand – Just A Number/Caviare 7″

1. hairy palm says:

Great record. Just a Number is one of the best 60’s influenced powerpop gems of the 80’s.

2. Anonymous says:

I actually do like this record. This is one of those fine catchy records that keeps you singing all day long. Thanks

Do I now have to write my name over and over and over again, for every comment?? If so, I will remain anonymous…

Strange that your name isn’t saved in the “Name” field.

• Anonymous says:

I have also been denied access to this wonderful site in the last few days. I finally made it to the internets most wanted….

5. Great! This’d be on my UK (and therefore The World, cos we all know the UK had the best powerpop) Powerpop Greatest Hits LP, for sure.

6. Peter J says:

This is one of the best pop-punk records of all time! However it´s the B-side that makes it worth looking for. “Caviare” is the perfekt song in every aspect!

There was an american oi (-ish) band by the same name 10 years after – dont make the same misstake I did though, the single is the only release by the british standers.

7. 894900 says:

I have the single with the badge that was ment to come with it, So cool!

8. paul Hutchins says:

i really like the single! it does not have an a and a b side, its this side and that side. double a. rock on!!

9. Maff says:

Why oh Why did they sack the drummer!!

10. Fingers says:

Big mistake

Caviare is one of the greatest songs ever (way too many of them by the way). I love the intro that makes me think the song will suck, but actually makes the song even better.

12. Thomas says:

A few days before I was at a aftershow party in Hamburg-town, where the female DJ played obscure Glam (well…) and obscure Powerpop 7″s, too (and of course a few Punk tracks!). She played ‘Caviare’ from this 7″ and I was hooked immediately, but I couldn’t remember the band, so I went to the DJ desk and she gave me the cover of the 7″. Cool to find it here again -> ‘Just a number’ is a good song, but the big hit here is ‘Caviare’ – starts a little bit wimpy, but then it turns into a really Xzellent track! And yes – midnight was long gone and lotsa booze and we all danced the night away – go(o)d times!