The Now – S/T 7″

now_80s_label_anow_80s_label_b

Not the original here no no. A reissue that I hope sounds as good as the original? Erich over at GoodBadMusic posted it years ago but a search over there result in nothing but I’m sure it’s still there buried underneath a pile of metal.

What a stiff drummer we have here! Sounds like he really struggles to keep up with the speed ha ha. Of course that’s the charm with it and both tracks are fine examples of UK punk at it’s best. Into the 80’s has gotten it’s fair share of recognition but I prefer Nine O’Clock. Love how they managed to get the guitar to sound a bit like a sitar or banjo. And the break at 1:52 kills me every time! Super duper fantastic. And the way Mike McGuire screams “Go!” just before the sitar/banjo solo breaks loose. Pew…

Learn more about The Now:

Country: UK
Year: 1977/1979
Label: Raw
Into The 80’s.mp3
Nine O’Clock.mp3

This entry was posted in 1977, 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The Now – S/T 7″

1. Am I in the minority in thinking that “Development Corporations” is their best one?

Nope Steve. I think that one is better too.

3. Sickfuck says:

“Into the ’80’s” is such a long, long song, I think it plays in to the ’90’s…

4. Dirk says:

Now this is great stuff. Listen to the massive bass riffs people! (especially 9 o clock). If you haven”t already done so, go find their lp/CD release with all recordings incl new ones from olde songs.
    top notch

5. JohanMalm says:

I thought I commented on this one? well I just love the “lead” guitar on into the 80s it’s a bit to loud to be correct. but I just love it.

6. b e h j a n says:

both songs are classics,a bit innocent sounding and with full heart played.
    their debut is cool too,but a song like INTO THE 80s you don´t hear too often.

7. Erich says:

Just in case, here’s my post which you couldn’t find (it’s indeed buried under very heavy metal, haha):

“Into the 80s” is one of these miracles of a song that I just can’t get outta my head after playing it. The following 7″ was great too, but I never felt so attached to it.
    Bloody hell, I need to post something new too, but I’m feeling so uninspired these days ….

8. LHOOQtius says:

This disc is genius. I’d never heard these guys before, so now I will seek out “Development Corporations” as well.

9. Tone and Wave says:

This is such a great band.

Here’s the “Development Corporations” 7″

10. zach says:

you think he struggles now, have you heard the 1978 demos?