Blue Shoes – Someone Like You/Hey/Better E.P. 7″

blueshoes_frontblueshoes_back
blueshoes_label_ablueshoes_label_b

Someone Like You get’s my vote for one of the Top 10 best powerpopers ever written. I’m somewhat glad that I got hold of it when I’m older cause I’m sure the song would’ve wasted a lot of my time as a teen. A constant repeater. The vocals on Hey! sounds like Leonard from The Dickies entered the studio and the song is solid and leans more to the punkier side of pop. Better is not for the faint of heart. A slow but great song in my book that sounds like a more straight forward Sparks ditty. Fantastic vocals all the way. Thank you and hope you celebrated the midsummer the swedish way: getting pissed, pull herring up your nose and then some lousy fucking.

Year: 1980
Label: Living Room
Someone Like You.mp3
Hey.mp3
Better.mp3

This entry was posted in 1980. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Blue Shoes – Someone Like You/Hey/Better E.P. 7″

1. Holyfuck says:

At first listen. “Someone Like You”, did nothing for me. I listened again, and I finally get it. Great song. I also, enjoyed “Hey”…thanks

2. “…getting pissed, pull herring up your nose and then some lousy fucking.”

I really must go to Sweden one day.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Don’t forget to bring with you a copy of the GBH 7″ you’ve promised me Steve.

• Jayson Thurston says:

I know nothing about GBH (isn’t that the date rape drug?) but if you need examples of lousy fucking, my wife and I have documented most of our amorous exploits. Some of the footage might be punctuated by background (Colin) Abr(anal)l sounds.

3. Anonymous says:

What does “pull herring up your nose” mean?

Sorry Jay I´ll check the IP numbers. Wasn´t me. Want the comment removed? I need this GBH 7″:

• Fake Jay Thurston says:

Sorry, Jay! I was the wiseguy who posted as you. My sense of humor is always bad, especially when enhanced by a little midsummer celebrating. No offense intended. In fact I like your comments; the ones for Docent Dod’s Chick e Chaka are perhaps the most hilarious on the site.

71.235.238.30

5. Jay says:

Holy smokes, “Someone Like You” is fucking amazing. Good call on the Dickiesensian vocals on “Hey,” too. Top-notch single here, thanks.

6. dewey decimal says:

Finally some powerpoop I enjoyed. Hey is a good track.

7. Johan says:

Been in love with the title track ever since getting buried in all the old Teen Line comps. Finally got to hear the whole thing!

Here’s some more stuff and info:

HOLY SHIT! The drummer Jim played with the Consumers! You know the “All my friends are dead” one.

• Jimmy says:

It’s Jim, me, the drummer.
      I lost all tracks we recorded as the Consumers! We did recording sessions at a place on 7th st in Phx. I only had a copy on cassette – but no longer! Anyone know of any of the original Consumer audio’s????

9. maximum jack says:

Any chance you might re-up this mighty EP?

All the tracks are here. You might´ve come here through a mp3 search engine then you´ll get a 404 Error. You have to clear your web cache and the go directly to this page.

11. zach says:

the first track is really great! thanks!