Kindergarten – S/T E.P. 7″

kindergarten_frontkindergarten_back
kindergarten_label_akindergarten_label_b

I’m pretty sure these boys were too young to be able to drive as 2 out of the 3 songs on this E.P. are about bus rides, or more specific about falling in love on the bus. Pretty far away from Docent Dod who asked the question “why go by bus when you can drive a GS scooter?”, but at least the unknown kids in Kindergarten found something to write songs about.

As you can hear this is really cheesy power pop, so I know for sure that all of you anonymous downloaders will love it while Jay will hate it and give me an offer to blow it up in traditional american manners.

I don’t know anything about this band (so what else is new?), so any additional info is welcome as always. Whale records released the odd Missex E.P. as well, so if you’re curious and want to hear that one just drop me a mail and I’ll send it to you by e-mail as it won’t be posted here in the near future.

Country: Sweden
Year: 1981
Label: Whale
Brustna Drommar.mp3
Ge mej en chans.mp3
Busschaufforen.mp3

This entry was posted in 1981. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Kindergarten – S/T E.P. 7″

1. Monger says:

No need to wait for Jay to offer to blow it up…please…allow me….

2. Clinton says:

Hey Faintest Ideas drummer. I dig this Kindergarten 7″. I’m eager to hear the Missex EP. Always curious to hear oddball things. Mail me on;

[email protected]

Is this Kindergarten 7″ a tough find? I’d keen on a copy.
    Clinton

Hi Clinton,

I’ll send you the rips of the Missex EP right away, and to answer your question about Kindergarten; it used to be pretty easy to find a few years ago for a cost at 5 – 10 SEK, and it still shows up at tradera.com from time to time, but now it usually sells for about 200 SEK. Still pretty cheap, but as cheap as it used to be.

Brustna drommar is really good but wtf? here comes Peps with his harmonica and ruin it for a sec. Busschaufforen is enjoyable too with killer lyrics. Wish I bought this in 1981 instead of some stupid Exploited record.

5. Peter Jandreus says:

One of the members of this band is found in my book somewhere. I just cannot recall where…

6. Peter Jandreus says:

I seam to remember a connection to Rosa honung records…

7. Nippycookies says:

Am I the only one who heres DEVO’s Mongaloid in Ge mej en chans

Nippycookies, you’re not the only one. I thought about writing a little bit about the similarities in the text about the record, but changed my mind. Now I feel like a mongoloid for not doing it, even if the song reminds me of the Devo song for a few seconds in the intro.

Yeah I hear Mongoloid too. I also see a mongoloid every time I look at a picture of Martin.

• Martin says:

Thank you. I’m sure your mom is very proud of you for leaving such a mature comment! Please discuss the music instead as that’s what this site is all about. Backstabbing and insults don’t belong on the internet.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

It does! Blogs is about insulting people anonymously! I know where you live you little fiskekörkekålleochadalovingbrat!

Yeah, and by the way, you can fuck off The Flakes// Drummer. I know your real name and I know where your house lives. You think you’re so cool for spending all of your shitty money on ebay just so you can show off by posting them here and then make stupid comments on the visitors.

11. Alex77 says:

if i could understand the lyrics, i would love this even more!