Nobby Tafjutt Band – Aggfest i Noppikoski 7″ E.P.

nobby_tafjutt_band_frontnobby_tafjutt_band_back
nobby_tafjutt_band_label_anobby_tafjutt_band_label_b

In Stuart Schrader’s spotlight of the first Sune Studs och Gronlandsrockarna 7″ he says “[email protected], SSG’s label, released their second 7″ in ‘83, and the band also appeared on V/A “Really Fast Vol. 1” LP. Their tedious antiwar-core is less interesting than the first record and doesn’t hold a candle to Shitlickers or Anti-Cimex, but there are still a few bits of out-of-tunefulness that bring a smile to this mug. Incidentally, the second release on their label was the infamously rare Nobby Tåfjutt Band 7″. Anyone have one? I got a kidney to spare.

PS: No, I’m kidding.
PPS: No, I’m serious.

Do you want my address Stuart? I’ve got a pie in the owen, but no kidney to fill it with…

So, this is the infamously Nobby Tafjutt Band, which is actually SSG in disguise with two fun-loving football friends on vocals and keyboards. And yes, it’s just a joke from start to finish, much like the Tripple Cripple E.P. (that will be posted here as well). The main difference between this E.P. and T.C. is that the later one actually has a few great songs, while this one is a bit charming, but not really something I’ll put on the turntable too often. Having said that I might add that I really like the song “Kul att vara full” as it’s a pretty catchy power pop song despite the silly lyrics.
“FOA hela natten” and “Vinterkvall” are both covers of Swedish songs that were popular at the time, but of course with new “funny” lyrics.

I’ve seen this on quite a few peoples want lists, and it would be fun to know how many of them that will remove it after hearing it.

Country: Sweden
Year: 1982
Label: RAT
Walking down the Moraway.mp3
Kul att vara full.mp3
FOA hela natten.mp3
Hogans hofter.mp3
Kul att vara ful.mp3
Vinterkvall.mp3

This entry was posted in 1982. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Nobby Tafjutt Band – Aggfest i Noppikoski 7″ E.P.

1. Ian says:

You’ve listed it as 1982 but the file names say 1981. Well?
    I like this, though “charming” is the right word for it for sure. Obviously the humor of the lyrics is lost on me, but I think anything said in Swedish sounds ridiculous anyway!

I’m glad I hold on to my copy up till a year ago or so. Sold it for a lot cash. To me it’s worth nothing. A swedish novelty that I can’t understand people pay any attention to. WIth that said I’m glad you posted it Martin so people can hear how awful it is.

3. Jonsson says:

En av de bästa svenska punkplattorna.

English please.

5. Jonsson says:

One of the best swedish punkrecords. Those guys have the greatest sense of humor ever.

6. Nils says:

I only got sound i one speaker on this one. Usch works in both

Same here Nils but I don’t mind. Sounds “better”.

8. JJ says:

Could you pls reupload it with sound in both speakers, that would be funny.

9. elliott says:

yes plese fix! i only hear it in one ear too and so far i love it but yeah it’s only in one ear. first song is already stuck in my head and i just downloaded it. so plese repost.

10. 0101001x_x says:

REPOST SOUND ONLY IN LEFT EAR

11. Krawinkel says:

Great Stuff!! But Only Sound On Left Channel. Is it the real sound or is it a mistake? Many People say it but no one change this. Maybe it is original on Vinyl?! Or please RE UP This pearl of Punk.THX—– Krawinkel