The Weirdos – Destroy All Music E.P. 7″

weirdos_destroy_frontweirdos_destroy_back
weirdos_destroy_label_aweirdos_destroy_label_b

Maybe cause it’s not as rare as We got the Neutron Bomb it’s less talked about? Weirdos debut and in my opinion better then their proclaimed classic second release. It has one dull moment: Life of Crime but Destroy All Music has to be the best song I’ve heard with ’em, including a dozens or so compilations with demos, outtakes etc. By the way, the sleeve has to be one of the greatest ever.

While it’s not as rare as We got… there’s a couple of different pressings around that Ryan/Break My Face tries to clarify:

Year: 1977
Label: Bomp!
Destroy All Music.mp3
A Life Of Crime.mp3
Why Do You Exist.mp3

This entry was posted in 1977. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Weirdos – Destroy All Music E.P. 7″

1. Erich says:

Okay, time for me to take ou-t of the posting queue. :-)Monster of a record, really. Total love from me to this and you and everyboy.

2. dewey decimal says:

Superb vocals on Why Do You Exist.

3. John says:

“Life of crime” is stopping and starting again at 0:34. Seriously unprofessional from your part Peter! Extremely dissapointing!

No it´s not. Guess you have to take another listen.

• John says:

Haha! Crazy man, you fixed it, right! By the way, i don’t think it’s as good as the “We got the neutron bomb” single, but it’s certainly close to being as good. Also, it’s absolutely true that “Destroy all music” in overlooked! That record is still in print at Bomp! and i recently bought a copy. Fantastic band & record! Thanks for the rip, i won’t have to rip my copy! By the way, you knew i was sarcastic when i called you unprofessional? I bet you did funny kid!

Flesh for Lulu did a great version of “A Life of Crime”…

6. Alex Zaowoo says:

Filled with energy “destroy all music” always makes me wanna pogo!

7. ALDO says:

That piece of shit Rob Noxious contacted Michelle “Gerber” years ago cuz he knew she was with Dix Denny for a number of years and wanted to trade records for her Weirdos records! She told him to fuck off! However, Rob broke into her apartment while she was in the hospital and stole her original copies and test pressings of the Weirdos – We Got the Neutron Bomb and other ultra rare punk vinyl from ’77-’80! I hate Rob Noxious! I wish someone would locate his record collection and sell it to preserve a fund for old punks in need of donations!

8. LA Cavs Fan says:

Dude, you’re tripping! Life of crime is one of the best trashiest heaviest sleazy rock n roll songs of all time! When he screams get the message now and those pounding drums and aahhhhhs in the background with the bendy note guitar solos I get goosebumps every time. This is definitive LA punk rock. Does anyone else notice the Alice copper raw power era stooges influence on these guys. This and the dils I hate the rich and the germs lexicon devil has to be LA s finest right?!