Ground Zero – S/T E.P. 7″

groundzero_frontgroundzero_back
groundzero_label_agroundzero_label_b

Beaten up sleeve. Damaged by water. Don’t care as long as it’s cheaper and the vinyl is intact. The record accompanied with a great sleeve is tops but after all it’s what in the grooves that counts as Idi Amin once said. Aus Boston meinen damen unt herren. Two punky tracks found in Ditch and the KBD comped Nothing. Nothing is the real stand out track a real KILLER so to say. Ditch is nice and Ground Zero gets G+ while Marlene Berlin just don’t match up. A second release came in 1980 that has a couple of good tracks so maybe I’ll post that one too later on. By the way this is NOT the Ann Arbor/Michigan Ground Zero that released the truly awesomekillerarrrrghhh 7″ Living In Tandem that I ALSO have in the posting queue. Happy times ahead boys, girls and extra terrestrials!

Year: 1979
Label: Ground Zero
Ground Zero.mp3
Ditch.mp3
Marlena Berlin.mp3
Nothing.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Ground Zero – S/T E.P. 7″

1. Erich says:

Idi Amin said that? Hahaha. You toothinkthat those mint/mint collectors are fascists? Great fucking record, great fucking band, as Stalin said.

2. Stefan says:

Totally brilliant 7″,recently bought a copy at Minus Zero in London for a bargain price.

3. dewey decimal says:

This is KBD at its finest! 3 out of 4 good tracks. Peter is spot on in his assessment of the songs. Too bad for the mis-step on Marlena Berlin. Rotten-esque snottiness on Ground Zero. Ugly as fuck sleeve so a little water doesn’t hurt it.

Stalin said that ha ha? I love Stalin. Yeah the m/m collectors are just too anal for my taste. Do they play their m/m records or just framing it?

5. justin says:

Not fucking bad for “2nd rate punk”. :-) All four songs are so different. The bass on “Ground Zero” made it my favorite, but I like how urgent “Nothing” sounds. 1979 has been well represented here.

Another classic post, Peter!! Thanks…

ha ha thanks Justin and thank you Jay :). Glad you like the 2nd rate punk!

8. b e h j a n says:

there musta be an alternate “gasmask” (or was it a “melted clock” ?) sleeve for this goodie? they were quite into arts/video-performance,if I recall correctly.

9. My favorite track has always been “Nothing” although the first tune is good too. Someone sold a copy with the alternate “melted clock” sleeve on eBay in July of ’08 for only like $40-50. I should remember cuz I lost the auction- doh! The 2nd Ground Zero EP has that cool song “Cybernetic War” but “eh” on the rest of it. Peter- the other Ground Zero who did the nice “Living In Tandem” EP were from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and not Ann Arbor, Michigan:

Sorry Tony! You’re right and I totally forgotten you posted it :). Head over to Tony’s.

11. gorehound says:

Boston Mass band I used to see a lot in the 70’s.
    And they had awesome loft parties on Thayer Street with live music underground shows there.

12. Lanark26 says:

Thanks for putting this one up. Saves me having to do it for myself. Hit me up if you want non-water damaged sleeve scans to go with the post. (It’s the least I can do considering how much junk I’ve snagged from here.)

I posted the 2nd single on my cruddy blog back in July (http://swingingsinglesclub.blogspot.com/2009/07/ground-zero-vs-limbo-race.html) and put up some better rips just today, if anybody’s interested.

I need more damn coffee…

Thanks Lanark26 but as long as I have sleeves for the records I post I’ll use my own stuff :).

Will give you a link back!

14. Pingback: GROUND ZERO s/t 7″ (Boston punk vol.2) « Vinyl Noize

15. Joe says:

GREAT!!! since my 12 years, he had not listened to this music, which he remembered constantly, this Drummer is the Master of Terry Bozzio …. wawwwww!!! Thank you! it had years looking for her in Internet.

16. sir hake says:

yeah its so great post punk at its best …thank you kbd.