Buzzcocks – What Did I Get/Oh Shit 7″

buzzcocks_mind_frontbuzzcocks_mind_back
buzzcocks_mind_label_abuzzcocks_mind_label_b

Buzzcocks. The inventors of d-beat. Yes, d-beat. Proof can be heard on Another music in a different kitchen and the track “You tear me up”. All the ingredients are there: the d-beat and the played to death classic chord structure. Not bad for a band that is mostly known to the world as the fore fathers of pop punk.

When we started the site it was decided that only lesser known bands shall be posted. Fair enough but I think it’s fun to throw in the bigger names once in a while but then it has to be something special. Like this one. A rare Dutch sleeve version of What Do I Get? Misspelled on the front sleeve. Coupled with Oh Shit! it’s a classic of course, as all of the other 70’s Buzzcocks seven inches.

Country: UK
Year: 1978
Label: United Artists
What Do I Get.mp3
Oh Shit.mp3

This entry was posted in 1978. Bookmark the permalink.

61 Responses to Buzzcocks – What Did I Get/Oh Shit 7″

Just noticed the label spells What Did I Say ha ha ha.

Peter…it seems as though you are a sellout. May as well post the Sex Pistols “Holiday in the Sun” 7″…SELLOUT!!!! Hahaha…just kidding. This is brilliant and nothing negative can be said about it…especially by me. Thanks.

3. Erich says:

P.e.r.f.e.c.t.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Chris says:

Don’t know how to describe it technically, but that moment…. That surprise powerchord thrown in after the last verse, before he repeats the chorus…. Its the best moment in all of punk rock….

It’s all about the drums…

6. Adamski says:

Always loved this band. I agree about them being the “D beat” (hate that term!) originators with “You Tear Me Up” – check out the even earlier version on the “Time’s Up” LP. The perfect pop punk band.

7. Jay says:

Please post some Nirvana next, thanks!

hahaha I kid because I love. Buzzcocks are one of my top 3 favorite bands all time.

• Levi Johnston says:

That hamburger, Jay, is that the one you ate out of Black Randy’s ass? “Oh shit”!

• Jay Thurston says:

Levi, I think that is another Jay. I do not eat meat and Black Randy and I took turns with your mom in the alley behind the Masque! 9 months later, little Levi comes popping out into the world! I thought I’d better tell you, so now you know who your daddy is.

• Levi Johnston says:

I was told my father wrote a song about my mom called “Hamburger Lady,” which makes you a talented songwriter, Jay!

Off topic, but if I moved to Sweden would I get the psychiatric help I obviously need? The B-side’s called “Oh shit,” but what’s with my alter-ego’s obsession with stupid scat jokes? Is Emanuel af Geijerstam still alive?

8. Philippe from France says:

Can anyone tell me who is the fourth gentleman on the sleeve ?
    Thanks

9. Erich says:

Ain’t that Garth?

10. JohanMalm says:

Thank you so much for kicking me in the direction of listening to The Buzzcocks again.

Saw them the night when my son was supposed to be born (fortunately he waited a couple of weeks). They where great but since then I haven’t listen much to them. I been thinking about it for a while but never got to it. You know when you listen to a band a bit to much for a period of time. Then when you stop, it’s hard to pick up one of their records again. Like an old girlfriend. She might have been nice but you don’t wanna call her again.

Anyway the rest of the night will be buzzin’

11. “Buzzcocks. The inventors of d-beat.” Finally I have proof enough to say that Discharge were just another Buzzcocks clone.

Ha ha ha buzz-bands :D.

13. SICKNICK! says:

Buzzcocks are great! im actually friends with Shelley!

14. zach says:

good record. thanks.

15. Feint Operation says:

For the collector nerds out there the sleeve pictured here is the Dutch version, goes for some serious coin in excellent condition. The Belgian one is the monster though, the rarest Buzzcocks non UK sleeve !!
    Cheers, F.O.

Feint, I know my writing isn’t that interesting but I find it funny when some things gets repeated:” Like this one. A rare Dutch sleeve version of What Do I Get? Misspelled on the front sleeve.” ;).

17. By the way – this is the dutch sleeve. It’s rare!

I forgotten to tell you all. The version I posted here has the rarer Dutch sleeve. Compared to the more common english press this one is a bit more expensive.

19. Erich says:

I’d love to see the belgian sleeve version. It’s very rare!

20. Ian says:

Whoa, cool record, but where is this weird sleeve from?

It’s Dutch Ian. I’ll write again: Dutch. Not the UK press it’s DUTCH!

22. Peter J says:

Cool cover, haven´t seen that one before I think. Perhaps their best track too.

But when it comes to the d-beat – there are lots of 60s songs with d-beat so gimme a break!

Maybe there is but are they coupled with the typical Discharge chord pattern and distorted guitars?

I just thought I would let you know that this is the rare Dutch sleeve…it is worth a lot of money. I know a guy on here that is friends with the singer and has his phone number too!!! Did you know that this is the first D beat song??? It is…

25. Mike says:

Hey you have a Dutch sleeve

26. Erich says:

Are you sure this sleeve is dutch? I thought it was the belgian one!

With all these confirmations about this being the rarer Dutch sleeve I think I have make it clear that this IS the Dutch sleeve. I first thought this might be the rare Afghanistan sleeve,2 copies only where Usama has hidden one in his beard and the other one was blown away and now lives in heaven with 42 virgins.

28. b e h j a n says:

this must be one of the 3 records with the longest stay at KBD records
    and 44x comments (sorry,45 now) so far…

Ha ha yes Behjan :). I’m waiting for Martin to upload mp3s for the Mell Square Musick comp.

30. jame says:

Is it right to feel a little disappointed that the rarer Belgian sleeve is not uploaded here?

31. Senap says:

Hey, this isn’t the UK press is it? Looks dutch if you ask me..

32. Morten says:

I’ve got a spare copy of this rare dutch sleeve version up for trade if anyone’s interested ?

33. Erich says:

What does the dutch sleeve look like??

I´m not sure Erich. But the one you see here might be the Mongolian sleeve.

35. Anonymous says:

The Monglian issue came in the rare human skin sleeve. It’s the rarest one.

36. Erich says:

Rarer than the dutch sleeve one???

37. Rubberman says:

What the Fuck? Why are you young people so down on the Buzzcocks? This certainly wasn’t commercial in 1977!