Ex-Pop – Pop ‘N’ Roll 7″

Very, very cool artwork for this one-side-punk-one-side-new-wave debut from this Gavle duo who also appeared on the “Dansa med Mamma” 7″ compilation box. Janne, who played everything except drums on this recording was previously the singer in P.F. Commando before Kenneth took over the mic in that band with the so-so result that can be heard on their last LP Jag en duva. The drummer in Ex-Pop, Fritte, now plays drums in the reformed Bizex-B together with Zluggo Pop who I hope has somethings to say about this record in the comments.

I’m enjoying a massive headache right now so I can’t think of anything else to say about this band right now.

Country: Sweden
Year: 1980
Label: Comm
Oh Rosalyn.mp3
The Penguins.mp3

This entry was posted in 1980. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Ex-Pop – Pop ‘N’ Roll 7″

1. Erich says:

I’m speechless. :D

The “B” side makes me want to kill penguins. What shit! The “A” side however sounds like that guy in Boys On Wheels singing for a punk band. This record must be destroyed, so no one should ever have to suffer again. Send it to me and I will smash it to pieces! Thanks…

• Martin says:

What’s your address Jay?
      Another one to add for your Killed by Jay/ Cumstains over Jay copulation LP I guess.

• Jay Thurston says:

Yes, it will be called the Worst shit from the Faintest Drummer collection. I will be a compilation of all the shit that you have posted…it will contain at least 100 tracks. Hahahahahahaha…

• Martin says:

Aaaah, I’m not sure if that’s just rude or if you’re in love with me Jay.

• Jay Thurston says:

Thank you for all the terrible music you have introduced me to in the past. I will never forget it…hahaha. In all honesty, thank you. I do appreciate the fact that you post music by bands that no one has ever heard of or for that matter, ever really want to hear.

3. Senap says:

I’m speechless, too. Maybe Jay already said everything that was to be said about this one? I didn’t buy it back in the days just because it was lousy and it still is. Kill it quick!

• Martin says:

Senap, kill it before it multiplies;)

• Levi Johnston says:

I think it multiplied already given all those “barns” on the cover. As it is Sunday and I was raised Catholic, I find myself kind of excited by the boy pictured with the tambourine. In fact I like this record better now that I can guess the singer’s sentiment when he opens with, “Cum on boys!”

There’s a certain “special” quality to the vocals, too, that reminds me of Jesper Odelberg. All in all, this record is kind of fun.

4. b e h j a n says:

this band sounds accidentally to the English band SURGEON`s on their sole 7″ of 1978 (the Ex-POP singer sounds almost identical to MY ears …!)
    Try to compare both 7″s and the vocals and let (me) us know,as I am very curious if I am the ony one to hear this out…

5. I know these guys personally.
    The drummer is now playing in the band I used to front, Bizex-B.
    He plays drums on our reunion album which was released in the summer of 2007.
    Bizex-B has a new front man now though. But Fritte is still their drummer.

6. Urrke T says:

I played the bass on the 2007 Bizex-B reunion-CD (Tillbaka Med En Smäll). We have also recorded another album without my friend Zluggo behind the mike, but with another friend, namely Deep Torkel (ex Stoodes / Suzie beats Them All) on vocals. I also sing lead on one of the songs. But this album STILL haven´t seen the light of day though. It will be interesting to see if it will ever be released. Fritte is still the drummer of Bizex-B to this day. I have left though. Original bassplayer Åke idol is back on ship instead.

7. Now then…
    Bizex-B played in Gävle on boxing day with The Lurkers, Warheads, Dead Scouts, Äshtray and The Craps.