Jemmy Leggs – S/T E.P. 7″

jemmyleggs_frontjemmyleggs_back
jemmyleggs_label_ajemmyleggs_label_b

Mamma mia. I’m tired. Really tired. But a shemale got to do what a shemale got to do. I have a blog and I have to work on it. So what’s the deal with Jemmy Leggs? You tell me cause I don’t have a clue. There’s four songs. Two of them sucks on daddys bone and the other two don’t. Now you may think that suck on daddys bone is a good thing. It might be. In this case it’s not. The two utterly awesome songs are Blindate and Fireworks. They rule. The other two don’t rule. They suck. End of story.

Year: 1981
Label: New World
Blindate.mp3
Pumpkin Queen.mp3
Joella.mp3
Fireworks.mp3

This entry was posted in 1981. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Jemmy Leggs – S/T E.P. 7″

1. Ian says:

Not too into this one, but great bass tone on Blindate. bom bom bom.

This is the biggest piece of shit record I have ever heard. If I bought this crap…I would smash it into a million pieces. This is the ultimate turd!

3. jelly feets says:

hope you didnt pay to much for this one,
    but maybe in 81 it wasnt so bland

Glad you guys like it :).

5. King Bender says:

As Johan Kugelberg would succinctly say…”Crap!”

6. Peter J says:

At least they have a really funny name.

But all of you must be fucking deaf to not hear that Fireworks is a killer track. You all suck!

• jelly feets says:

i guess its alright but its just kinda got like an undertones knockoff sound i wouldnt call it killer. you should put a firework in this things hole and light it, THAT would be killer.

8. MAFFISH says:

Hi…this is my first comment, but I’ve been digging through here for a while. But ya, this record’s pretty bad. “Fireworks” is OK though.
    See you later.

9. Ian says:

Oh and besides the bass sound I like the cover too. Stupid fucking skeleton cartoon, weird font, posed band photo, this is a good one.

10. b e h j a n says:

Weren´t HIGH EXPOSURE from Texas also and had a 7″ in ca.1983? That must be a good recent “discovery” from the States. Was told that someone, of all places in England,found 2-3x copies of this JEMMY LEGGS 7″e.p. …if I understood that correctly!?
    This one was billed by some “high-profile” U.S.-collector from the Midwest as the best recent discovery.I just don´t hear it out,but their “Blindate” is sorta of a storm in a water-glass!

11. Buddy says:

If this is the best recent discovery then the others must really suck ass since this one blows big time.

I find it funny when people who haven´t made one comment before makes a comment when there´s something they don´t like. Boring.

13. kyle says:

man, you’re so right on the description.

I don’t know what the rest of you are talking about, but blindate and fireworks are totally killer. I agree on the undertones ripoff comment, but they still rock the other two tracks are pretty hilariously bad! This would have been a spectacular two-song sevenincher.

14. Erich says:

I like Peter’s choice cuts. You have to listen to these tracks maybe more than just once befoe they start growin on ya.

15. wsir hake says:

thank you kbd great punk rock or what ever i think is a little bit of kiddaband or uk end 70s power pop with punk thats better than a lot of new punk commercial groups and better than a with a toilet with no paper or pocket full of air or bad cats in a floor or punk with no heart or pseudo punks or bad goverment or what ever .

16. sir hake says:

twhat the hell is jemmy legs great great great thank you kbd crunchy testors anti commercial supertramp the boys vs the professionals little bit of misfits and rudi or piece from vapors . what ever is a great unknown power pop punk rocker were is the lp? OH deadly joke.cheers boys and girls from hamburg altona little hell of bankers

17. Knutfjulg says:

I like Joella actually haha fuck all y’all punker mofos!

Sorry Sir Hake your comment got stuck among the spam for some reason.

19. elliott says:

i find this actually good. not great but but better than a lot of people make it out to be. thanks.

20. jaymuss says:

…I ADORE every last note of this ep…any time you get CLOSE to an EP’s worth of perfection i’m REMINDED of the NERVES…or even the “SOUVENIR” EP by the EASYBEATS…PERSONALLY, i’ve always had a TOLERANCE for 80’s powerpop SHMALTZ…(musta been my UP-BRINGING)…

…anywho…CAN ANYONE OFFER ME A Xerox COPY OF this SLEEVE (seeing as i ONLY have the 7 inch record)…I WILL gladly reciprocate WITH any COSTS…or…a COPY of ANYTHING that they MAY need….

DO EMAIL me if you CAN assist…!!!

Cheers!

21. BRiggz says:

This is my friend’s mom, dad, and uncle! The band was a family affair. All the haters probably just don’t like power pop. Totally reminds me of more recent stuff like the Exploding Hearts.