Transistors – Telephone/R-Love(Is Approaching Critical Mass) 7″

I’m supposed to post something, right? Since it’s like a year since the last post. I know you’re all cry babies so I’ll fulfill your desires then. Think most of you wanted some raw punk so that’s not what you’re going to get. Transistors threads around in powerpop land with a slight nod to the 60’s in Telephone which leaves me completely cold. Not my thing at all. But, and here comes the BUTT, R-Love is such a super duper mega fantastic Powerpunkpop smasher I easily forgive their mistake on the a-side. Let’s talk about the sleeve. It’s pink. Has a radio on it. A killer logo. That’s all you need. By the way Screwball…the label is so familiar. Didn’t they release the Nails-Cops are punks? Yes? No? Anything else?

Year: 1980
Label: Screwball
Telephone.mp3
R-Love(Is Approaching Critical Mass).mp3

This entry was posted in 1980. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Transistors – Telephone/R-Love(Is Approaching Critical Mass) 7″

1. Senap says:

Yes sir, the b-sidetrack is awesome!

Perfect :). Thank you Satan(as always).

3. MAFFISH says:

Telephone’s great…I also don’t mind R-Love, it’s not as strong as Telephone, but pretty OK. Thanks.

B side is incredible!! The A side is so fucking stupid! I wish he would have wanted to be a “tree” and leave..

Yep, Nails were on Screwball as well, at least the Cops are punks EP. Can’t remember what label the other one was on though.
    And Peter, congratulations again!

6. resistor says:

B side is grreat but i think the A side holds up too i might like it alittle better than the B, even though the opening lyric is stupid but that guitar riff is just simple catchy good, am I weird?.
    this sounds like someone else too, maybe the Shirts? Ima hit the record stack and get back to this.

7. EEK says:

B-side = What a JAM!

8. Anonymous says:

GOOD BAD MUSIC. Agent orange metalpunk???????????
    Can’t here the metal. Maybe i’m deaf or Eric is a fuckin’ cocksucker of a metalhead.Asshole

9. b e h j a n says:

Singer of TRANSISTOR = Brother of Chris M.,singer of DEFEX.
    Two other studio-outtakes of this 7″-session from late 1979 can be heard on great,official ROCKY MOUNTAIN LOW compilation dbl.LP!

10. b e h j a n says:

thank you Peter for thanking me that I am so info :)

Thank you Behjan for thanking me for thanking you ;).

12. sir hake says:

thank you kbd i hear this for 28 years is great power pop and punk rocker.

13. Tony says:

got this a while back. i am very lucky because i live only blocks away from the famous wax trax. it has been ever inspiring to hear all the stories and bands from colorado. Although i got this record from a trade years ago(i belive it was some Disclose records in exchange for this gem) wax trax is still the focal point were many bands still play and organize gigs. Thank you KBD!!! your posts continue to inspire great music and this page is essential to a younger generation discovering great music from the past.