The Delinquents – Alien Beach Party E.P. 7″

What kind of mood are you in today? Feelin’ a bit arty and new wavey? If so, spin the A-side of these Texans debut EP. It gets me in a B 52′s mood and makes me wanna post their amazing first 7″. Cool organ sound and a super simple and monotone surf influenced guitar line

If you’re more in a punk mood, then dig the two smashers on the B-side instead. I have a hard time to pick a winner from them as I’m a huge sucker for farfisas, female vocalists and thin production, but Do you have a job for a girl like me? might be a bit stronger.

Later on the band released an LP together with Lester Bangs and became the forerunners of the alternative country scene, but as I haven’t heard that album, or paid too much attention to that genre what so ever, I leave that to others to find out. Of course there’s a myspace site for the band, and a bunch of videos from the bands reunion, that ain’t too bad actually.

Year: 1979
Label: Live Wire
Alien beach party.mp3
Do you have a job for a girl like me?.mp3
Motivation complex.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to The Delinquents – Alien Beach Party E.P. 7″

1. Steve says:

MUCHOS GRACIAS for posting this! I don’t think I’ve heard this stuff since I was 15. Awesome.

2. elliott says:

wow actually pretty good. don’t usually like new wave but this is good. thanks man.

Oh my…

4. chris says:

Mutant Sounds has the first album. Excellent punk new wave like side two of this one. No alt-country at all.

5. roc says:

The Lester Bangs album is at egg city radio. I like it but still no clue what alt-country is exactly. The only other alt-country I’ve heard is that guy from the Nuns.

6. Damn! You beat me to the punch- this was in my posting queue, but then again so are a lot of records, ha! But I have managed to get a few postings up over the past few weeks. I absolutely love this Delinquents EP- they got it so right for all 3 songs. The Delinquents LP’s that Mutant Sounds posted a few years back are SHIT compared to this EP- there is a re-recording of “Alien Beach Party” on one of the LP’s that falls flat and loses all the quirkiness and cool-ness of the EP version. Oh well, at least they nailed it for these three songs.

7. Peter J says:

Martin! How do you find the time to do this in between changing diapers??

8. Alex Z says:

Alien Beach Party! Tubular song!

9. garychching says:

Love it – Thanks

10. Ian says:

This is great, I like everything about it. When will Frank start posting records?

11. Thomas says:

Thanks for this! I bought the LP on a ahim a 100 years ago, and I loved it even though it was totally “out of my field” at that time. I still like it and listen to it. The music’s probably out of just about everybody’s field and that’s what’s great about it.

12. angel says:

hi there

please a little help, does anybody know this song by any chance? i mean i’d like to know the band and title if posible

i hope it´s not too pop for your ears! , i think its great

thanks and cheers

http://rapidshare.com/files/361888267/Unknown_powerpearl-_Do_u_feel_good.rar.html (only 960 kbs)

13. Hooker says:

The Delinquents S/T LP is pretty good new wavy art punk, and I’m not at all into that kind of music. But I sometimes play it out when I DJ just to throw something different into the mix, and whenever I do, people always ask what I’m playing. It’s catchy. I’ve been sitting on a few sealed copies for a while. Not really sure what to do with ‘em. The album they did with Lester Bangs is pretty great for what it is.

14. sir hake says:

yeah verry funny obscure punky new wave record thank you kbd another great rar rec is from xtro 2 fast car from 1980 i think is a cool kbd style obscure punk new wave crazynes search for this is amazing little 7inch .

15. elliott says:

i don’t think this sounds to much like kleenex/liliput. they are one of my favorite bands by the way.

16. Levi Johnston says:

This band is obviously new wave, because going on welfare is punk.

17. Pingback: Von Beat - Nuke Wave Music | Last Days of Man On Earth

18. Anonymous says:

Is this the same Delinquents that did Pretty Little Dope Fiend on the Who Killed Nancy soundtrack?

19. Pelle Wengelin says:

Alien Beach Party :D

20. timbo says:

excellent – i love female vocal punk – and this surfy 52ish stuff is GREAT

21. 1987 says:

is this the girl from Amy & the Angels and Petticoats?

• Martin says:

Nope, Stef never had anything to do with this band, but she had more bands apart from Petticoats and Amy & the Angels. Can’t remember their names right now though.

22. Pingback: Rookie » Secret Sharers