Danse de Partement 1 – S/T 7″

dans_frontdans_backdans_insert
dans_label_adans_label_b

One of my absolute favorite swedish bands from the 80’s. Live they where some of the best stuff you could experience. And they seemed to be aware of that since the one and only LP they released where an live album. More of a post punk touch here but the a-side Besserwizzer kicks the asses off all the swedish d-clones around at the time. Who could fore see that Mikael Syren vocals/guitar is now a famous humor writer, producer and actor considering the dark approach of Dansdepartementet. His role as Per Arne in the swedish comedy show Kvarteret Skatan is phenomenal.

Country: Sweden
Year: 1983
Label: SnarkSkivor
Besserwisser.mp3
Dansa och le.mp3

This entry was posted in 1983. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Danse de Partement 1 – S/T 7″

1. chano says:

The A side remind me a bit of the minutemen. Really good! The B side is nondescript…

Ummmmmmm???

• Levi Johnston says:

My Tesco Vee inspired juvenalia is embarrassing to even me, but Jay I think you forgot the “c” on the beginning of your comment.

After applying my eyeliner, I am enjoying dancing to this record. Martin, I don’t doubt Micke was “nice” to the younger “punks.”

Totally forgot about this band! Great stuff, and micke was always really nice to us younger punks

4. Erich says:

I spot typical swedish socialdemocratic punk hairdos on the cover (another fine example, one of dozens: Unter den Linden). It must be good!

5. Senap says:

Yes, they were like the Swedish answer to Killing Joke. I liked them a lot! And I also think herr Syrén is rocking fett i Kvarteret Skatan…

6. a says:

my copy of this signed by the whole band. but surely you know that they released two more LPs and 3 singles besides this and the live LP? most can be found on the defunkt blog “med denna verkliga kniv”….

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

How could I forget about the LP:s???? Silly me. I have the first studio LP but not at home so maybe that´s why I forgot it. Sorry for the lies :).

7. LHOOQtius says:

Holy Smokes — Sweden’s Killing Joke? Right on!

I need more.