Psykik Volts – Totally Useless 7″

Yeah I know that this one came with an amazing looking sleeve, but that was only the first press, and unfortunately for me and you I have the second pressing of this well played arty smoker. First pressing in 1000 copies on Ellie Jay and then this one on MHG most likey in the same amount. The band said they were influenced by the Pistols, Clash etcetera, but they don’t really sound like those bands at all. In fact they came up with a unique sound mixing classical music and wavey punk. If you wanna read the full story and see the original artwork, just google the band name as there are interviews, pictures and what not to read about them on the world wide web. As the a-side is called Totally useless, and I haven’t posted anything in months I feel pretty useless myself, so it makes for a perfect match. If you feel useless as well and feel a sudden need for a re-issue of this 7″ you can pick it up cheap at
Damage Goods.
Country: UK
Year: 1979
Label: MHG
Totally useless.mp3
Horror stories no 5.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Psykik Volts – Totally Useless 7″

1. zach says:

unique is right. the songs are a little long, but they’re pretty good.

the files aren’t named when opened.

Yeah I know the files ain’t named when you open them. My computer’s been crazy since it crashed and I can’t get Itunes to work properly, therefore the titles and artwork are absent when you open them. I’m working on it. Let me know what you guys think of the sound quality as I had do redo all settings from memory, which didn’t work too well I guess.

• zach says:

oh it doesn’t really matter, it’s easy enough for me to add the names and artwork myself. i think it sounds pretty good. then again i don’t know what the actual record sounds like. so i guess i’m no help.
      thanks for the tracks.

3. Vaeringar says:

We are afraid! The few men who frequent this site (and compared to women, of course, they are few) are afraid to comment because they don’t want to face the Swedish legal fate of Julian Assange. Reportedly he was “totally useless” in bed (small, quick, ie, punk rock) and no one wants to be accused of the same charge. Perhaps there is comfort in the frogs fucking on the Table 7″, as that seems to represent French bestiality, which we are all comfortable with.

4. timbo says:

Electric guitars don’t quite sound like that these days — perhaps it was 1970’s amps

5. Charlie M says:

This reminds me of Dangerous Girls and Cardiacs. Excellent.

6. Victor says:

This was my band, I was the singer/guitarist/writer. I used a Gibson SG and some kind of Marshall combo (probably transistor). Check out more recent releases at http://www.myspace.com/psykikvolts (yep, I’m still going!).

7. mike - 894900 says:

Classic, played this to my freind when i was 17, ( 5 years ago ) and then we had a go a playing it! LOL

8. Clinton Chapman says:

I love Rollerblading to this song.