Happy Cadavers – With Illustrations E.P. 7″

Awkward and quirky punk rock ain’t my thing at all. Here’s an example of what I mean. What the fuck? This ain’t punk rock. Punk rock shall be simple, no frills, three chords and lyrics about war, shooting cops, evil corporations and how much society sucks. What do we have here? I saw my baby in the meat section? Who cares? That lyric won’t change the world unlike something by Crass. Do they owe us a living? That’s the shit I’m talking about. They even use synths or something that reminds me of a piano. Punk? Don’t think so. These people shall be shoot at sight for calling this punk rock.

Year: 1982
Label: Undefined
Nothing New.mp3
I Saw My Baby In The Meat Section.mp3
Images.mp3
Rigorous Mortis.mp3

This entry was posted in 1982. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Happy Cadavers – With Illustrations E.P. 7″

1. Johnnzzzy says:

Hey it is punkrock! There’s a distorted guitar!

2. Papuchi says:

Hahahahaha, your review is pure shit man. your brain seems to be too twisted. Pimp Pimp HOORAY!!!!! for all the fellas and all the ladies in the meat section!!!. You must think you know everything about punk, lol..Tons of crap posted here too…with excellent reviews anyway. chaquetero!!!! vamos a miami!!! hahahah….what is sure is that this is punker than you!

3. Tuxie says:

I’m in love with the last song, Rigorous Mortis!

4. LIVEFASTGUY says:

Pretty sure that was sarcasm fellas.

5. dewey.decimal says:

wow this is truly awful. Just about everything about it is annoying as hell. Two good song titles (baby in the meat section & rigorous mortis), I’ll give em that. But, as always, I appreciate the opportunity to hear new stuff that escaped me, even if it does SUCK.

6. Stig Dangerman says:

“Images” unfortunately sounds like it was penned by someone enamored by faddish French intellectuals, but not a bad record from a group that I expect were (or developed into) well-mannered college boys. My criticism should be taken lightly, as my own academics were cut short because of my preoccupation with, I don’t know the English word, tidelags.

And what’s wrong with songs about offing pigs?!

7. tim says:

Kind of reminded me of Spizz Energi/Oil at first.
    I like it, because it’s so much “of its time”, it just screams early eighties // 80-82. Too quirky for the late 70’s*, yet too unsophisticated (or simply not noisy enough) for the mid-late eighties & 90’s. Records like this really “take you there”. Half the value is the nostalgia trip. Guys & girls who were in nappies back then wouldn’t get this record.

*Hey look! This KBD post even has a footnote!!

8. Erich says:

Neat mongo rock! I like it a lot, especially since it totally sounds late a 2nd wave UK band – just mongoer.

9. sir hake says:

oh yeah its absolutly amazing sick weird punk obscuritie i love this simple piece of shit its devinitive punk make it self and play this wonderfull sick guitar…thank you kbd

10. Drew Kukura says:

Obviously sarcasm. If “everything here rules” then this album also rules because it is here. This is fucking golden by the way. It reminds me of the Desperate Bicycles and The Thought Criminals; who both give me constant ear pleasure. Love it!

11. Anonymous says:

It’s lucky you pointed out that Crass’s lyrics changed the world, because from where I’m sat the world still looks like the same fucked up mess that it was before Crass uttered a syllable. Sadly, as yet, no-ones lyrics have changd the world. Not Crass, not the Clash, not the Pistols, and certainly not me or you!

12. bolt24 says:

THis is a great EP, Fact,

13. Papuchi says:

dear peter, I just wanted to let you know that I follow your site since you started it. Ok, as you have banned me for my comment on the happy cadavers 45, let me say that I wouldn’t disrespect you man. Just freedom of expression. I like that record, and didn’t like the way you wrote about it.. Ok, I read your comment about the Happy Cadavers over at Punk Business Manager (http://punkbusinessmanager.com/2010/07/24/happy-cadavers.aspx#Comment) and you said you liked them. So, you seem to be very irascible, susceptible and easily change your opinion…if you are banning my ip address for a stupid and innocent comment, it’s all up to you but it’s so ridiculous, just like a child’s play…, Well, keep your ban over me mate. No problem! Yeah, you’re so fucking punk! Hope you have a great day! All the best,

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Come on…if you’ve followed this blog so long you would get that it was pure sarcasm. Too bad.

I think most people got that the review is pure sarcasm. I love this little thing. But if you think there’s tons of crap here I see no reason why you should be here at all. Last sentence directed to a certain person.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

And if you got something to say to me in person it can’t be that hard to send me an email instead of cluttering up the comment section with stupid mumbo jumbo.

• Vaeringjar says:

“OK boss, whatever you say”! :)

Excuse me for perpetuating the mumbo-jumbo, but I like to think of myself as this website’s BOSS, or at least its shadowy puppet-master. If you want to talk trash, say it to my face. My real name is Johannes Wahlström.

• Vaeringjar says:

“OK boss, whatever you say.”! :)

Excuse me for perpetuating the mumbo-jumbo, but I like to think of myself as the BOSS of this website, or at least its shadowy puppet master.

If you want to talk trash, say it to my face. My real name is Johannes Wahlström,

15. Vaeringjar says:

I think my comment hit a sort barrier, like semen in the tip of condom. Undeterred, I sent it again only to see it once again caught in the reservoir tip. Now I am worried my humor doubled up, which ain’t as charming as double penetration!

16. elliott says:

hahahaha love the sarcastic review! if i had music on my blog i’d do more sarcasm like that. it totally sounds like something you’d dig. thanks. not bad at all.

17. zach says:

whatever this is, it’s amazing!

18. Graeme says:

I never liked this record, but I am familiar with it as a piece of Louisville KY punk history. This was David Grubbs’ first band, from when he was super young. The only band he’s been in I really like is Squirrelbait, but others may be interested?

Great site. Thanks for keeping up your efforts all these years!

19. WANKSPLAT says:

Reverse psychology works on me. This is cool !

20. mdgarmager says:

I owe you some cash for this post! Bless your heart! I guess I’ll have to find a job, ugh.

21. Poseur5000 says: