The Grim/Klone Band – No Excuse! E.P. 7″

Soundwise in the same league as Destry Hampton, Maids, Mentally Ill. Super fuzzy guitar, muffled drums and an overall “cheap” production. But it’s the cheap production that gives it a whole unique sound and atmosphere. And I guess that’s why I tend to fall in love with most of these so called kbd type of bands. And it’s what’s differs these bands from todays retro: yesterdays bands didn’t strive for a bad production it happened out of accident, lack of money, skills or whatever. If you try to create this by will it will never sound the same so please give up. Two total killer tracks on the a-side and a psyched out song on the flip that ain’t my cup of cum. Break My Face did a post humous EP that I haven’t heard but might be worth checking out. Any info is most welcome.

Year: 1978
Label: Disposable
Heats Risin’.mp3
Jehovas Witness.mp3
Son Of Sam.mp3

This entry was posted in 1978. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Grim/Klone Band – No Excuse! E.P. 7″

1. sir hake says:

yeah its a great punk single punk and hippys are back i remember smegma,bizarros,penetrators,a lot of real punk classics from the 70s in this time for sick kids and neighbours thank you kbd.

This is OK in my book, a bit too American (did I manage to insult anyone now?). Production is great, but I’m not too fond of the singer’s voice.

Two comments for such a classic. Incredible.

• Erich says:

It’s a crying shame. Such a great record and as you said: The sound is it! The songs may be a bit lacking in quality, but the overall mongoness is topnotch here.

4. Dewey Decimal says:

Love the first track, the others not so much (not American enough in my book).

5. Nathan.G says:

Godfuckingdammit these silly bastards misspelled Jehovah!!!! Maybe they should’ve called the band the Zpellung Mztaykes!!

6. Pete TNT says:

Great stuff obviously!

7. Nathan.G says:

Hey Flakes – you can go over to ISKSP blog to check the other 7″ and the CD album (under the name “Grim Klone”) that came out in 1999. It has a great cover!! They also had an LP come out, but I think the track listing is different to the CD.

8. Stig Dangerman says:

I read in the paper today that Jehovah’s Witnesses are the least educated of any religious group in America (though I expect they’re better educated than the slime who read this blog!). My experience with the sect is limited, but a practitioner once rejected my advances, claiming he couldn’t accept such a generous (i.e. big) “gift.”

The oddball production doesn’t fully save this record, but after a number a spins I have grown to like it quite a bit. Not American enough to me either–I hear a faint trace of Cockney coupled with snail eater.

9. Sols says:

PUNK! One of the best early punk rock records.

10. Dan says:

Great early New Jersey punk record. What’s more American than coming from a shit hole like Cherry Hill, New Jersey & singing about the Son Of Sam in 1978…

11. Dan says:

My pic sleeve has no scribbles on it by the address.

12. Jackson MacDonald says:

man this rocks. heats risin what a kicker. oh and by the way your link to 7inch punk almost got me suspended from my high school.