No Way – S/T E.P. 7″

I thought I should be a bit more active here and as a start to that, I’ve decided to post 5 records from 5 different countries in 5 days. Maybe that’ll even generate a total of 5 comments here? As the first record I choose this one from everyone’s favourite town in North-East England, Stockton.  The four happy lads in the band recorded this slab of high quality punk rock in 1978, but didn’t manage to release the it on their own little label until April 1979, and by the time it was released it didn’t take long before two of the members was found in  the Amazing Spacefrogs who released their debut, Dirty Habits, in 1979 as well. And just by co-incident, these two bands, and members, happened to release two of the most sought after Brittish punk 7inches ever. And just by co-incident this copy is for sale and will be up among my other records on Ebay within short. Oh how I love to do some shameless self promotion, but as I said in the beginning of the post, I’ll actually post a batch of records here in an almost endless stream over the next couple of days, so no more selfish promotion here, that’s for sure!

Country: UK
Year: 1979
Label: Our own records
Breaking point.mp3
TV pox.mp3
30 seconds.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to No Way – S/T E.P. 7″

1. James says:

I’ll miss the old look, but more than likely forget about it within a day.

2. Pete TNT says:

30 Seconds is missing a “/” in the link.

3. GraemeSTL says:

This one was hard to find even back in the day – and I live just down the road from Stockton – so this should go for a mint. They always got a good reception playing at the Rock Garden.

4. Monger says:

Is that the same Paul Gardner who later played bass for Gary Numan and tubeway army and then later dying from a heroin OD?

First track is really good after it get’s going, though a bit too long. The other two don’t do it for me.

6. martin says:

New scans will be up soon as I just realised that there’s something wrong with the ones posted here. Sorry about that.

7. sir hake says:

i think of a time we haved fun no computer on a table and graphic was easy for old tapes for friends and partys and friends have been equal but that is a long time ago.thank you kbd for this great old punk rock pearl all 3 songs are cool for the time a little bit of the punk bands from the punk in disorderly or country fit for hereos compilation ha ha yeah yeah bla bla bla .

The new scans are up now and looks way better!