The Shattered Dreams – 3 A-tracks E.P. 7″

A year and then some since I put this one in the posting queue, and then totally forgot about it ’til I found it yesterday while looking for something else among my 7inches. I played it again and realised that it’s actually better than I remembered it to be, despite two of the songs being way too long. And maybe I’m just tired, but to me they sound like they listened a bit to Dead Kennedys when it comes to vocal delivery as well as song structure, but not speedwise. An internet search gives more or less nothing, so if anyone out there remembers anything about these lads, please share your  knowledge. It seems like it’s pretty easy to find, and it’s cheap as well (think I paid $10 for it), so keep an eye open for it if you like it.

Country: UK
Year: 1981
Label: Epigram
Nothing ventured nothing gained.mp3
War.mp3
Feel it from here.mp3

This entry was posted in 1981. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Shattered Dreams – 3 A-tracks E.P. 7″

1. sir hake says:

a great punky power pop records for me unknown reminds me on the dark,distraction,glass torpedos etc.thank you kbd.

2. Adam says:

The first track is far and away this record’s highlight. The art and design, particularly of the sleeve’s back, is quite different for a punk record.

3. Charlie Salazar says:

Thanks for posting these!!

Nothing ventured…is really good! The voice is either love or hate. Makes me think of Personality Crisis which I love. More opera punk.

Didn’t really expect anyone to like this one, so I’m surprised over how well it went down.

6. zach says:

nothing ventured is fantastic. thanks!