Yeah, I know this is getting a bit boring, but here’s yet another Greek punk platter.
I believe this is the first, or at least one of the very first Greek punk records, and it’s yet another smasher. Maybe not that much fuck-shit-up in attitude or sound, but more of a 60′s garage influenced postpunk sound, but with such a brilliant snare drum sound it’s almost silly! Just listen to those fast snare rolls and then tell me you don’t love it. And what about that fuzzed out rhythm guitar in Sweating all over! Again a bloody killer!
If you want your punk rock as straight as possible, I’d recomend that you start with Virgin Freedom and end with Poor Johnny. By the way, how many songs are there with the name Johnny in the title? Waaaay too many, while not enough songs about Glendora.
- zach on About
- Meat God on Nice Lawn/New Fun Quintet – Split E.P. 7″
- rsky on Dezerter – Ku Przyszłości E.P. 7″
- pay day loan on Xterminators – S/T 7″
- shortterm loans on ABKK – Ronny/Morker 7″
- payday loans on The Buttocks – Vom Derbsten E.P. 7″
- pay day loan on The Flakes – Straight Jacket E.P. 7″
- shortterm loans on Crucifix – Nineteen Eighty Four E.P. 7″
- Kredite ohne Schufa on Rich White Males – We Ain’t No Musicians E.P. 7″
- Sofortkredite on Freestone – Church 7″
- The Flakes // Drummer on Missbrukarna – Krigets gentlemen Cassette