Boys Boys – S/T 7″

Let’s continue our punk rock journey to Japan with this somewhat underrated all-girl band. I have no idea of why most people don’t seems to care about this record, as the a-side is funfunfun tribal drum driven new wave and the b-side is a perfectly short punk smasher. And the singer have that kind of perfect vocal tone that sounds like a normal guy when you play the record on 33 rpm instead of 45. I just love when you can do that!

Country: Japan
Year: 1980
Label: Pass
Monkey monkey.mp3
Control tower.mp3

This entry was posted in 1980. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Boys Boys – S/T 7″

1. Thanks for posting- nice choice! I do not have a vinyl copy of this and I needed some upgraded rips so thanks!

2. Chano says:

The A-side slightly reminds me of “Red Eye Express” by Devo, dunno why… I like the B-side better: much more driving and aggressive. Overall a decent minimal punkwave 7″. Thanx!

3. beet says:

absolute dig

4. Ed Howard says:

Probably the first time you’ve posted something I’ve heard before it was posted here. Great 7″, I especially love the B-side but both tracks are cool.

Pass Records has some cool stuff between this, the Friction discs, Tsunematsu Masatoshi, and so on.

5. julia says:

man, oh man. I need this LP — grrls, Japan, what’s not to love?

Great record. Me too wonder why not more people pick this up.

7. nathan.G says:

I agree that this is a really nice one – but when I heard that first demo tape by Zelda, it blew away almost everything I had heard before.

8. 7INCHSPUNK says:

asians are talentless droids and shouldnt try punk

9. Monger says:

You should post the Maria 023 7″ from 1979 that was on Gojira records next!