The Offenders – Lost Causes/Rockin’ The Town 7″

offenders_frontoffenders_back
offenders_label_aoffenders_label_b

I had a little pool over at the KBD page on Facebook on what HC record to post next. Offenders, DRI or Genetic Control. Offenders came out as the most wanted to post among the three. So finally! To call this hardcore might not be fair tempo wise but the anger and drive from HC can be heard. To me they never did a better song than Face Down in the Dirt as featured on the P.E.A.C.E. compilation. Lost Causes came in second. I usually have a hard time to put songs from bands in a particular favorite order not so with a couple of the Offenders songs. Rockin’ the Town might have came out after too much listening to the crappy part of The Clash.

Year: 1981
Label: Suffering Sounds
Lost Causes.mp3
Rockin’ The Town.mp3

This entry was posted in 1981. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The Offenders – Lost Causes/Rockin’ The Town 7″

1. Monger says:

Lost Causes is hands down their finest moment..too bad the flip wasnt half as strong or it’d be a “must have” on everyones list.

2. Dewey Decimal says:

“Rockin’ the Town” is a bit hilarious. Sad that I do not own this, for the killer A-side.

3. Ed Howard says:

The a-side is killer. I don’t hate the b-side but it’s definitely a step down. Too bad they didn’t pair “Lost Causes” with something equally blistering.

4. “Lost Causes” is my favorite Offenders song- pure punk and much different than their later fast HC stuff. “Rockin’ The Town” is such a bad song and very funny to me. Very funny because they sound so SERIOUS on it- yet another example why white boy reggae is the worst (see also track 2 on Ground Zero’s otherwise-great “Living In Tandem” EP)! From looking at the back of the sleeve, Chris Gates from the Big Boys helped the Offenders produce this single.

5. Chano says:

Cool ep. I like ’em better here than on their later outputs. Their “HC” phase is pretty boring, in my opinion. Cheers for sharing. :)

• Dewey Decimal says:

No way Chano! Endless Struggle is superb!

• Chano says:

Uhm… I don’t know, Dew. On the later material (especially on “Endless Struggle”) they added a “complex” edge which detracted from their music and Mick was much better than J.J. IMHO.

6. Stig Dangerman says:

Lost Causes is pretty good but more I applaud the monkey-punks in Husby! Fuck the pigs!

• Ha ha you little rascal. Husby is about 1 km from where I work. Finally it feels like we live in a global world. We’ve seen the riots in Paris, London and LA but not much here in Sweden. Finally they arrived.

• Stig Dangerman says:

In what I read (at a third-grade level) in English-language reports the cops called the rioters monkeys. That’s not a common insult in the U.S. Made me think of Raggare is a Bunch of Motherfuckers.

Although I have no idea how long a kilometer is (I weigh 600 stones), be careful getting to work.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

The rioters claims that yet, considering all the mobile phones around, no one managed to capture it on film.

1 km=1000 meters.

7. No offense, but when it comes to non-metric units of measure, most of us Yanks speak in miles not meters. 1 kilometer = 6/10 of a mile = Peter, the riots are really damn close to your work office! Hope you took some days off! Speaking of metric measurements, we in the U.S. did have that big “Go Metric!” movement when I was a kid in the 1970’s but for the most part 35 or so years later Americans do not want to convert to metric (although it would make us in sync with many other countries in the world). But in the U.S. we do have metric stuff in everyday life like running races are always metric (5K’s, 10K’s, etc) and no one bats an eye at this…

• Stig Dangerman says:

In my life there’s nothing every-day about running races–though I could beat you to the bar on my skateboard–but I do like 17.8 cm records!