D.R.I. – Dirty Rotten E.P. 7″

dri_inside

Martin aka The Faintest Idea // Drummer is faster than me when it comes to posting. He got one in the queue ready but I wanted to post something first. So why not make it easy for myself and post something that’s way faster than Martins posts. DRI with their hands down classic Dirty Rotten EP that they never topped. I saw them live in Copenhagen in 1987(?) and they where good but not great. They where just too metal by then and the songs from the Dirty Rotten EP wheren’t as fast and intense as I hoped. A bit disappointed but Social Unrest later that night made up for the rather lame DRI gig.

Year: 1983
Money Stinks.mp3
Human Waste.mp3
Yes Maam.mp3
Denniss Problem.mp3
Closet Punk.mp3
Reaganomics.mp3

This entry was posted in 1983. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to D.R.I. – Dirty Rotten E.P. 7″

1. Dave says:

Thanks, I could use a new rip of this. I had an older one on my computer but I deleted it because it was taking up too much space.

2. gerry molyneaux says:

DRI were never one of my favourite U.S. bands and I have to say a lot of these so called punk bands jumped into thrash metal,that awful grunge phenomenum with the long hair to their arses and guitar and voice croon solos.A lot hatched on to MTV’s version of popularising punk within clearly accecpable lyrical content and marginal clothing /flared trousers/all in black/lots of tattoos limitations.bands like NOTA,SADISTIC EXPLOITS,THE NAILS,DICKS,CHANNEL 3,DICKIES,FLIPPER,and the later LOWER CLASS BRATS,NIBLICK HENBANE,THE WRETCHED etc were what it should have been about.GER,51….DUBLIN,IRELAND.

3. WildDevilMan says:

saw them too in 1987 or ’88 in Frankfurt, supported by Holy Moses (urgh!). Can’t remember exactly but they were quite good. I just like their Crossover album, they create a new sound with this and for me it’s a good one, their last good one. The Dirty Rotten EP is the Hardcore Record, inaccessible to today. Love it!

4. Stig Dangerman says:

Saw them in the Midwestern provinces of the U.S. in, I think, ’85 and they were great, then again in the horrible “crossover” years and one dud(e) was wearing a full BMX outfit! BMX was for metal retards (skateboards were for punk geniuses!). This is still great. Thanks.

• Stig Dangerman says:

Heard in Sweden the hip punk rock thing with Discharge fans were roller skis, those cross country skis on wheels!

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Roller skis, correct Stig. Every pre-crustie used them a long with Pippi Långstrump hair cuts.

5. zach says:

every time i listen to this, i dislike it more and more.

6. Chano says:

Well… I’m back from an hyper alcoholic night and finding this stalwart of ultracore posted on my fave blog is the icing on the cake!!! I saw ‘em in the summer 1990 with C.O.C. and it was one the lamest show i’ve ever seen but, fuck, it was D.R.I. and C.O.C. live!!! I rember Kurt Bretch pointing at me when i was singing a line from song… In hindsight i was probably calling me a “Closet Punk”, hahahaha!!! Thanks for this, good ol’ Pete! I adore you!!! ;)

7. chris_c says:

thanks! great post

8. MAFFISH says:

Still one of my favorites…..I didn’t have the original 7″ but I had the first 12″ re-issue of it from back in the day on R-Radical. But in the late 90’s I had to sadly sell off a big chunk of my record collection and this is one that I regret selling to this day, among a ton of others that I’m trying to re-aquire.
    I agree….this is their only good album, “Dealing With It” is pretty good, but everything after that was just awful metal/crossover stuff. I don’t mind metal, but the hardcore/metal crap sucked.
    And Zach….I just can’t agree with that. I love this thing. I’m about to be a grampa and I still love listening to this!

9. R says:

The Accused might have been the only band that did crossover right (long ago).

10. R says:

But DRI was still better than the Accused before both went crossover.