Los Violadores – S/T L.P. 12″

los_violadores_st_frontlos_violadores_st_back
los_violadores_st_inner_frontlos_violadores_st_inner_back

los_violadores_st_label_alos_violadores_st_label_b

Los Violadores was the first punk band in Argentina to be released on vinyl, and they sure did it with a bang when they released this LP in 1983. On the other hand it’s not too surprising that they did a full lenght album instead of a 7″ as their story goes back til 1978, so they had some time to write enough songs for an album.

As their importance to the Argentinian punk and alternative music scene is so obvious there’s a book written about them, and as the professor of punk, Stuart Schrader, have a part of it published on his shit-fi site I’ll recommend that you start by reading that while you play side A of the record, and then read their translated manifesto from 1983 while you spin the b-side.

This is the 25th country in a row I post, so just 6 more to go and I’m done. At least that’s what I think I’ll settle at.

Country: Argentina
Represion.mp3
Moray y buenas costumbres.mp3
Un producto de su sociedad.mp3
Mujeres vengan a mi.mp3
Viejos pateticos.mp3
El extrano del pelo largo.mp3

This entry was posted in 1983. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Los Violadores – S/T L.P. 12″

1. Nice choice! I needed some upgraded rips of this one so thanks. I love how the world tour keeps going on! I finally got a new posting up a few days ago, which is big news for me.

2. Matt Perry says:

Violadores= rapists doesn’t it?

3. Chano says:

A decent document of the early Latin America underground. The old school rock influence is a bit too strong on most tracks (except for “Mirando La Guerra…”), but who cares anyway? It’s the attitude that counts. Muchas gracias por compartirlo, amigo!

4. Joaquin says:

Actually the first punk band to be released in vinyl in Argentina was Alerta Roja. (Their album name was “Derrumbando la Casa Rosada”). Los Violadores were the first one who sign with a “big” record company and they hit one song on the radio

p.s: Los Laxantes were one of the first punk band too (1979/81), in 1981 they recorded a demo and few years ago Desobediencia Rec, released it.

did some more search for their 7″, and according to the info here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4hN1GJpnco
    they actually did a 7″ in 1982, in 50 copies! (Not sure I understood it all correct though as I don’t speak or read Spanish at all).

6. FuseRed says:

Also ended up on the P.E.A.C.E. compilation I think

• Martin says:

Yeah, Los Violadores was on the P.E.A.C.E. comp as well. They did quite a lot of records, but this is pretty much the one to have in my humble opinion.

7. Dirk says:

Great stuff – I remember Peel playing Viejos Pateticos on BFBS when the record came out back then!
    Keep on the good work!