Scumbags – Rob Noxious

billedbytheaft.jpg

Ok, here’s Da’ Man!

guyrobert_robnoxious.jpg

Email addresses used:

robnoxious_email_1.gifrobnoxious_email_2.gif

Real Name: Guy Robert Archambue
Born: 1969 on the 29th of October.
Lives: Huntington Beach California, USA
Passport says: New Orleans
eBay IDs: old: lewdsnot, zoloft_anaconda. New: thingsdogsdo, amateur_gynecologist.

Updated 6th of November 2013:
Nick used on www.discogs.com: ilene_dover

On the 24th of July 2005 I got a phone call from an American named Kevin. Said he got my phone number through zoloft_anaconda(amateur_gynecologist) on eBay. A well known seller and buyer who seemed nice though a bit slow. Strange that he got my phone number from zoloft_anaconda(amateur_gynecologist) since I rarely gives out my phone number if someone specifically asks for it. Anyway, I’m not the suspicious guy and since I’ve been in bands, arranged gigs, toured etc I’m used to contacts from abroad. I was packing my stuff since I was about to move but had all my records that I traded still at home. I picked him up at the train station in Linkoping/Sweden. He seemed nice though a bit strange and VERY smelly. The strange part showed when I invited him to a practice with my band. He didn’t seemed too eager which I found odd since most people into music that I’ve meet enjoy a rehearsal little now and then, right. When he jumped out of my car he looked very uncomfortable and I asked him why:”People sometimes find me strange.”. I said him not to worry since the guys in the band are very nice. And I didn’t thought about that much since I’ve just meet him and didn’t knew what he went through in his life.

We stayed up all night and listened to the massive amounts of records that he brought with him. We did some trades and agreed to go to The TV Eye // Drummers home the day after. Went there but I forgotten my money so I asked him if he could pay for the pizza we bought as a favor for me buying him some burgers. This incident made deep scars into his mind since he had to say how funny it was that he had to pay for a pizza since he was the guest. This was the first time I thought he was a bit odd. At the TV Eye // Drummers house they started to trade and I was there to help the Drummer so he got somewhat good trades. Rob flipped totally when I said that I could help the Drummer sell 2 7inches that he wanted on eBay instead of doing a trade that I thought wasn’t that good. “Yeah, maybe ONE rich American or ONE rich Japanese would buy them for the prices you think you might get.” I told him he didn’t had to agree and that it was just my opinion. He was still mad as hell and totally changed from the rather severe manners he showed before.

Later that night we had another “fight” over some records over at my house and I had to tell him that YOU DON’T HAVE TO AGREE about what I think that I might get for this record on eBay.

Next day I took him to the train station so he could go to Stockholm. I went home and started doing a search for the 30 7inches that I traded with Rob. Ouch! I found out that he lied a lot(concerning his incredible knowledge about obscure records. He even mentioned a lot of Swedish stuff I never heard of.) about the price of records and that they came without sleeves etc etc. A quick calculation showed that I’ve lost about $1000.00. I started to search my PC for traces from him. Alright, he logged in from my PC as “lewdsnot”(thingsdogsdo) and “zoloft_anaconda”(amateur_gynecologist) on eBay. I did a search on “lewdsnot”(thingsdogsdo) on Google and found Henry Yu’s article from 2002(look for “Tasty Treats” headline) about this guy. What the fuck! The biggest scam artist in the history of punk collecting had visited me. I just had to find him and stop the little sucker. I also found all the different emails he used when using my PC(see picture).

I started doing loads of search on the net and found some pieces here and there. Then I started to correspond with “Fahad” through the “zoloft_anaconda”(amateur_gynecologist) mail address. Fahad Nabhan is a real person. Into Estrus rock and a bit slow I’ve been told by solid sources. This makes it even more disgusting. “lewdsnot”(thingsdogsdo) had always payed with cash but through Fahad, Rob had gotten the ability to use Paypal through Fahads credit card.

I made a trap to get him back by saying I’ve gotten hold of some gems he wanted like the Dirty Rust 7inch. He fell for it and after three days he was back at my house. Since it seemed very clear that this person couldn’t be trusted and had slipped through the net numerous times before, I had to stop him no matter the cost. I shipped him to a suburb believing he would see one of my friends who had some rare records. I told him to wait at the parking lot while I drove to get my friend so they could meet before he let him into his house. Went home instead and went through his luggage:100s of telephone cards, his sketch book with all his anal notes about exactly the time he went up, what he ate, how much he payed for a record and how much he earned when he traded it away, addresses to 100s of people and places. On one of the pages he had written:”Meet Peter(Kevin)–>Meet his friend Ola–>Get Dirty Rust.” He had written “Kevin” so he should remember what name he used when he was at my house. I sent out an email to all his email aliases telling him I knew who he is and that it had to stop. 30 minutes later the police showed up and I was taken into custody for stealing his stuff. I hoped he would’ve gotten back to me but as a result I got hold of his real identity when I was at the police for interrogation. He escaped and gotten his stuff back. I reported him for fraud. Some weeks later on in the UK he called himself Harry.

To be continued…

This entry was posted in Scumbags. Bookmark the permalink.

181 Responses to Scumbags – Rob Noxious

1. Erich says:

Record collecting ain’t no hippie festival!

This is some funny stuff:”vintage original early 1980-81 florida killer 7″ 45 single here in nice ex shape by MYSFITZ, not seen in ages, only 4 hundred made!!, no sleeve ever issued, do not miss this one, well kept after 27 years now, snag it, it is a keeper! AGGRAVATION and SHE’S A TEASER are both unreal.”

He keeps stating it’s 400 copies which is complete bullshit. According to the band member who unloaded this they pressed 5000 and the copies I’ve sold has been 10-20 dollars each so 99.99 is somewhat overpriced ho ho.

3. Anonymous says:

pff Rob, turned up out of nowhere in the early 90’s in NL, smelled, stayed at my place, pestered me about a nasal boys 7″ he wanted but didnt get (and didnt steal either!) and eventually sold me a minty deadbeats 7″ that I still cherish. Left with a couple of clean socks I gave him.

That dude had about the entire playlist of KBD and feel lucky punk with him in boxes in a trainstation locker. This way way before the internet days, I remember how surreal it was looking at all these records that I had never ever seen real in life inbetween the junkies and the bums.
    I retrospect he is lucky we didnt rob his ass.

4. Anonymous says:

that guy looks like Moren from babylon 5, haha minion of the shadows.. how fitting

5. David says:

You realize that this guy is plain crazy. If he really wanted to make a living stealing he’d steal something of worth not stupid punk records.
    With all of his effort he puts into this game I’d be plenty worried just how crazy he is.

Ops! Anonymous you forgotten to leave your email. Had to delete the comment.

7. neutronron says:

heres a song we did about him , not kidding.

Ha ha give us the lyrics please.

9. nooly says:

this guy must be badly mental to lurch around punkdom stinking of shit doing a half-assed job of ripping a load of high-profile record nerds off. possible the dude is fucked up in the head?

“You ever feel like you’ve been cheated?”

11. Haloumi says:

Ha, my first screwing in 1986. That cunt. He sent me an Effigies 45 with staples lining the exterior of the cover. My second screwing came at the hands of Eric Yee – anyone remember him?

12. persian girl says:

i totally know who this guy is. he is completely insane. he used to come to all the southern california record swaps and set up all his shit. he had amazing stuff. but he would never sell anything. he would just set up his boxes and boxes of his records for pure show. like just to show off to everyone what an amwaing collection he had. whenever i would inquire about buying or trading anything. he would say that it wasn’t for sale or trade, and that he didn’t mean to bring it to the show. but every record that i was interested in… he would have the same answer. i think people here (southern california) just got the idea that he just wasn’t all there. i am very sorry to hear about all the people he ripped off though.

13. Sakis says:

Well, it was almost 3 years ago a guy who looks a bit like him visited me in Greece. Some months before his visit I purchased some records from Fahad (zoloft anaconda- must said never had problems with him as a seller) and amongst the records was a record I hadn’t paid for, the Skuddur “strike force” 7″. Told me that if I liked the record we wiil find a way… Anyway i gave him my phone number then and after some months some American rang to me telling me he comes from Fahad and he is in my city right now. Bad timing as I was at a funeral on the moment. After some hours we finally met, he was kinda weird but I didnt mind (aren’t we all more or less somehow kinda weird after all?, he was kinda smelly aswell and didn’t allowed me to smoke as he said he was allergic to smoke (I’m a heavy smoker and wasnt feeling so comfortable with that).He had about 200-300 punk singles with him an though he wanted to come to my house to take a look at my records I refused and said to him that if he wait a bit I shall bring some records I’m willing to trade. To be honest I can’t accuse him for anything, in general he had a low profile we had a nice chat about punk and records, and he didn’t fraud me, we traded 2 records and I bought 3 more in reasonable prices. Just my short story,cheers from Greece.

Good that you didn’t bring him into your house.

15. Mike E. says:

persian girl:
    Where are these L.A. Record Swap Meet’s? I’ve been looking for one for years!

16. anthony from hawaii says:

17. tony from krakow says:

rob is a pretentious asshole

How does anthony from Hawaii know that there is a swap meet in Pasadena??? It is a long way from there…is it by Poobahs???

19. Anonymous says:

SORRY TO HEAR ROB IS GOING DOWNHILL- HE WAS ALWAYS REALLY CRAZY, I MEAN NOT CRAZY LIKE A WEIRD GUY BUT YOU ALWAYS FELT SORRY FOR HIM BECAUSE HE SEEMED TO BE OFF- MISSING SOME MENTAL AREA. I TRADED WITH HIM AND ALWAYS HE WOULD RIP YOU OFF IF HE KNEW MORE ABOUT SOMETHING AND CONSTANTLY LIE. I JUST TOOK IT AS A CHALLENGE OF MY COLLECTOR SCUM EXPERT-NESS. ONLY REALLY REGRET ONE OR TWO TRADES. TOO BAD THE GUY WENT OFF THE DEEP END- SOUNDS LIKE A RECENT THING. I JUST KEPT IN MIND HE WOULD RIP ME OFF IF HE COULD AND NEVER BELIEVED A WORD HE SAID AND ALWAYS MADE SURE HE WAS NEVER LEFT ALONE WITH MY STUFF. AS LONG AS I DID THAT I WAS OK-I HOPE. THAT WAS LONG AGO. GUESS IT IS WORSE NOW- TOO BAD. SOUNDS LIKE A BAD LIFE WONDERING THE WORLD TRYING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF AND NOT TAKING A SHOWER-LOOKS LIKE THE JIG IS UP FOR HIM. BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND SOME ONE NEW AND NIEVE ENOUGH TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF. IF PEOPLE ARE UNHAPPY WITH ME I ALWAYS JUST REFUND THEM AND I MANAGE NOT TO HAVE TOO MANEY PEOPLE MAD AT ME. IT IS NEVER WORTH IT TO RIP PEOPLE OFF. [email protected]

20. todd says:

This guy is bidding on a bunch of my ebay auctions right now!

21. persian girl says:

mike e.:
    i haven’t been to a swap in years. i never hear of anything these days. if you hear of any.. please please let me know.

anthony from hawaii:
    are you sure the one in buena park still happens? and as far as the pcc one.. the last time i went it just seemed like it was mostly junk. but i could be wrong…

22. Mike E says:

Persian girl:
    Yes, the Pasadena Convention exists! I went Sunday (March 3rd). It was OK, kind of junky. I may or may not go to the buena park swap meet. It’s about an hour from here.

23. Markus says:

Holy fuck!!! Talk about some fucked up story…!!!
    This guy seem to be like a poisonous gas spreading all over the place! He´s been everywhere, Why´d you let him in?? i would think it´d be a bit weird if some schmoozer wanted to come to my home to trade records. Thats the kinda thing you do over e-mail correnspondens (or before the net, mail correnspndece) or at a record swap. oh well, someone you start up a fake e-bay account and auction records that they dont have and rip him off. Fucker..

It´s crazy how far people are willing to go over a piece of plastic..

24. persian girl says:

mike e:
    i went to the pasadena one years ago, and it was mostly junk back then. where is the buena park one located? i remember there used to be one at a buena park club of some sorts. but i totally think they closed the building they used to have it in… but i could be wrong… anyway. let me know.

25. Mike E says:

Perian Girl:
    If you hear of any more let me know.

26. James says:

Very interesting article (I anxiously await part 2) – one time he was bidding on some eBay auctions I was running, so I looked up his “lewdsnot” ID via a search engine & discovered that Terminal Boredom thread on him. Anyway, what I wanted to say is: Keep up the publicity on this wanker (and it’s great that you published a photo)… KBD record trading is a REALLY small world, and the majority of people into it are honest & cool. Keep spreading the word & this wanker (who clearly has some Obsessive-Compulsive issues, & is very likely unhappy & with few if any friends) will have nowhere to turn in his rip-off activities. Thanks for your time… James

27. Erich says:

James, I’m sure you have a lot of friends and are a perfectly happy family man punk.

28. Feeble Screams from a Suburb Unknown says:

I’m personally shocked that no one has beat this guy to death yet.

29. Mike E. says:

“anthony from hawaii Says:

February 28th, 2008 at 3:35 am
    must’nt be looking very hard then. buena park last sunday of every park and pasadena first sunday of every month”

Another of Rob’s alias’?

30. Jack says:

I worked at a record store in fullertion for many years and have trade with rob befor. First off Fahad is a very weird guys , he would call the store and let us know what he was going to order a year from that date, and it would just be from some 5″ pins. Rob never rip me off but he did keep trying to get my address so he could come listen to music and have beer.So i think he would have ripped me off i had let him come over. I do know his address and were he keeps his records and me and my friends are working on a scam to rip him off on day.

31. kopper says:

(In response to the first comment here…) No, the guy that has the podcast on GaragePunk.com is Bob Noxious, whose real name is Bob Thurmond, from St. Louis. Just wanted to make that clear…

32. Babe Ruthless says:

Yeah,I was ripped off Fahad 5 years ago. He had the Queers 2nd 7″ up on e-bay. I ask if it was original to which he was honest and said no that it was one of the boots. So I inquired info about other records he would possibly have for sale.He named off a few that I was interested in. Then he set the hook by saying he had an original Plugz-tie sleeve along with some other records I was looking for. I sent a money order to Fahad Nabhan who lived in Mission Viejo,CA for a couple lower price records, just to see how this meatpipe does business. He played clean for a couple of transactions. All the while asking if I’m ready to pick up the tie sleeve. I sent the money for the tie sleeve and the rest of the records well after he gained my trust, which included(Plugz- toilet sleeve,Funeral-wailting for the bomb blast and some other shit).Like any other record collector, I’m all over the mail box like it owes me money. The day arrives. I open my parcel and check out the goods only to find out my long awaited tie sleeve was very much a xerox copy. I got shit on, like a kid who gets something for Christmas he didn’t ask for.I got schooled by a terrorist is how I summed it up. The clincher is that these xerox copys may have been made at my friends house off his original tie sleeve(thats how Rob comes into play). To which, acording to my friend, Rob’s ass was thrown out when his scam was revealed. Of course I found this out when I was using his tie sleeve to compare. I also found out after the hiest that Rob is banned from a local record store in Huntington Beach. This crafty son of bitch waited patiently for 2 months to burn me on a $500 punk record…what the fuck. If you want to deal with a genuine record collector/seller/trader? Deal with Ryan (ebay name-ryebread).He comes up with very rare records and is a trustworthy seller I bought my Vomit Pigs, Freestone,Antler Joe and the Accidents,The Rejects-back to school to name a few from him. Wonder if the kids who made these records ever thought that someone would go to such douchbag measures as Rob does to obtain their record??? ROB NOXIOUS/FAHAD MUST FALL!

Thanks for the story Babe. It’s clear to you that Fahad was only a vehicle for Rob? I bet he’s still using his name for the amateur_gynecologist ID.

34. an observer says:

not for nothing but “thingsdogsdo” recently won “zolar x lp” for around $125. “amateur gynecologist” is selling a copy right now for around $250. almost forgot to mention, the $250 lp states it includes the original inserts… the $125 lp included, as stated in the auction, reproductions of the rare inserts.

35. Erich says:

And who are you and what is your purpose, reverend?

Sorry, but I’ll delete comments without a valid email address.

And the funny thing is that both “punkgirl” and “lewdrude&crude” has the same IPs.

38. Erich says:

Hahaha, this guy seemed a bit too much like Rob himself. But I loved the preachy sound. “Who you are and what your purpose is” – great shit. Like in some Lord of the Rings movie: “Frodo Baggins, you must know who you are and what your purpose is!” –

39. Rasna says:

I’m from Italy. This asshole just wrote me to ask me to reserve him a copy of an oi! 7″ until 27 Febrary (!!!). I’ve asked him why and he told me and this is his answer:

“Because that’s when I’ll have the money. I am disabled and on a limited income and there are so many records, CDs, band T-shirts etc. that I want, so I would appreciate it if you could hold a copy of this 7″ until February 27, 2009? If you can’t hold it until then I’ll order it on December 31, 2008 instead, but please e-mail back and let me know either way. Thank you.”

Then I’ve made a search about him and found this post on one of my fave blog/podcasts. :)
    Keep on the good work.

40. Rasna says:

The next time I’ll be double checking my msg before posting it. :)
    Cheers!

Ha ha Rasna say hello from Peter!

42. Rasna says:

I’ll sure do so! ;)

43. jaymuss-eato says:

>>>pre-Ebay / late 90’s…through the record collecting community, i’d come across a fellow punk collector in California by the name Rob…after a few telephone conversations we’d agreed on a trade…

my copy of the SUBHUMANS “slave to my dick” 12 inch for his copy of the Middle Class “out of vogue” 7 inch…

-i mailed my Subhumans 12 inch off…after two months of waiting with no sign of the Middle Class 45 and several failed attempts at contacting “Rob”, i receive a package containing a much lesser condition copy of the Subhumans with no explanation…

-i’d traded a MINT copy for a beat-up copy with a large spooge stain on the sleeve…

seems pretty likely that Rob Noxious was the poisoned-turd that ripped me off all those years ago.

44. Mel Hughes says:

With all this talk about records and record collectors. Anyone know the top 100 US h/c 7″s, based on quality, price etc. any links or anything?

sorry for posting this here, didn’t know where else to put it.

thanks

45. theWrench says:

I know this guy.
    What a tool!
    I do think he’s half queer also.
    Still lives at home!
    Goes to the Buena Park show every month and can’t tell you what he wants for his own stuff?
    He will sell now if you offer a good price.
    He’s always hurting for $
    He’s buying like crazy on e-bay since it’s become a buyer’s market.
    Must be nice living at home when you’re 40 years old!
    But you gotta remember that if you let him trade stuff and he ripped you off it’s just the nature of the RECORD COLLECTOR beast!
    Sometimes you just know more and get a better deal and then sometimes you get a guy like this who’s just a putz.
    I think I’ll give him a work over in trade.
    He’s easy to read. Not real bright.
    I also got “boots” in the mail from his buddy Fahad. And photo copied sleeves.
    What FUCKERS!
    But, I’m a master of trading records.
    I’ve only been burnt a few times over years.
    I’ll get to ’em.
    Love the cropped devil photo!
    And yes he is looking haggered since that picture was taken.
    He plays beach vollyball all the time. Tryin’ to live the O.C. dream!?!?
    Probably sodamized by his prison workin’ dad…..

46. neutronron says:

Hung out with The Nox for a bit sunday at the swap , lots of tasty treats in his boxes .

47. K-bit says:

I just saw this after a year. I met Rob about 10 years ago, from that first meeting I knew he was a scammer. He used to come to NYC for the WFMU record fair which back then had tons of Punk/HC. He always had some very rare shit but ultimately, he was the super Capitalist and did his best to downplay anything you had so that he could get it from you for the lowest possible price. Or, trade you something of half the value. I think at that point he didnt have an alias though or at least we were unaware of it. However, every time he left NY, people would talk. A shady dude to say the least. Your story seems a perfect fit.

48. 7inch junkie says:

rob showed up to the san diego record show today. douchebag

49. dewey decimal says:

I smell the amateur-gynecologist over on ebay with a new set of auctions, “looking for your tempting stuff.” Hasn’t he stolen a digital camera by now? You can spot his auctions a mile away–no photo, high “buy it now” prices.