Gordons – Future Shock E.P. 7″

In theory I shouldn’t like this. I mean Future Shock is almost 5 minutes long and not much happens in the song. But fuck, when the bass starts out with a super raw sound and some trumpet thrown in here and there I capitulate. It goes on with an amazing lyric that consist of the lines:”Future shock” and “You’re waiting for a future shock”. The songs just spins along around some simple chords and I feel totally hypnotised every time I listen to it. Machine Song goes on in a more mellow pace and you may call it a post punk ballad. Adults and Children picks up a Gang of Four vibe but a tid bit more aggressive. Yeah I love this EP. You should too.

Country: New Zealand
Year: 1980
Label: Gordons
Future Shock.mp3
Machine Song.mp3
Adults And Children.mp3

This entry was posted in 1980. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Gordons – Future Shock E.P. 7″

1. zach says:

“future shock” is too scary.
    “machine song” is too boring.
    “adults and children” is neither too scary or too boring, just too unsatisfying.

but thanks for the upload.

2. Chano says:

Well, Pete: this is fucking great, plain and simple. “Future Shock” remind me a little tiny bit of Flipper, think it’s because of the hypnotic bassline and discordant guitars… “Machine Song” is somewhat weak, but not that bad really. “Adults And Children” is another excellent, discordant post-punk number. Thanks an hell of a lot for sharing this slice of kiwi-craziness!!! ;-)

3. Ian says:

Great band, the album is fantastic too and well worth a listen. For what its worth… i Read in an interview somewhere that sonic youth were heavily Gordon’s influenced

Really good stuff, although nothing I’d play on a daily basis. Took me years to find out that this was actually released on a 7″, as I only saw the 12″ all the time in shops.

5. Nice choice for a posting! This great EP never gets old for me after all of these years of listening to it- intense stuff! The long-ass “Future Shock” is my favorite tune on it, with “Adults and Children” the other barnstormer on the record. I just finally got a new posting up on my site which is quite an accomplishment for me.

6. WildDevilMan says:

consistently a very good single with cool songs. I like all three and what me really turned on are the snotty guitars here, my sound. Can’t hear no lack.
    Ask myself where you find all those fantastic records, heavy impressed man ;)

7. Thomas says:

Good one – especially ‘Future shock’ with it’s dissonant sound.
    In a Gang of 4-vain, but more melodic and much more angry.
    100% Post-Punk at it’s best!
    Remember the cover of their 1st album (Thank God, naw…Discogs!), saw it a few times until the mid 80’s, but never bought ist, because it look lame and non-Punk.
    I was wrong, damn’it!

8. chris_c says:

haven’t heard this for an age, thanks for the share. this is probably not the right arena for this, but does anyone out there have a decent rip of mobo by hose? flipper worship with its own scuzzy identity.

9. lilkiwi says:

my dad saw this band in 81 he is deaf now. got a copy of this 7″ in australia of all places. saw bailter space (ex gordons) play this year and they played machine song and adults and children was very loud