Bad Religion – S/T E.P. 7″

It’s funny to hear that they’ve almost had their style complete on this debut. Ups! I got bored writing this post but felt I needed to post something. Listen to the music. It’s great.

Year: 1981
Label: Epitaph
Bad Religion.mp3
Politics.mp3
Sensory Overload.mp3
Slaves.mp3
Drastic Actions.mp3
World War 3.mp3

This entry was posted in 1981. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Bad Religion – S/T E.P. 7″

1. ian says:

have always had a bit of a soft spot for this – it ticks all the boxes in a pretty basic way, even down to having a song titled world war 3. ‘How could hell…’ LP after this was much better & really had some chops…after that forget it. Yr right though – they set the BR template out early and haven’t deviated in over 30 years!

2. Stephan says:

uffta-uffta-uffta-uffta-uffta-uffta – never liked this very much. Hmm, to be honest: I always hated this record and I still do. “Bad Religion” is a pretty good song though.
    By the way: thanks for posting all those gems here – It’s you guys keeping punkrock highly addictive.

• Stephan says:

Ah, to comment myself: I played the “Public Service” up and down the last few days and: o.k., o.k., I’ve to admit: the e.p. has good songs and yes, it has a very crappy production.
      And on this occasion I came across “Sudden Death”: no Bad Religion here but another great compilation. If you missed it for the past 20 years you maybe should give it a try again. Cheers!

3. Chano says:

I have mixed feelings about this ep. The songs are good but the production is really crappy and just sucks the power out from the music. The “Public Service” comp versions of “Bad Religion”, “Slaves” and “Drastic Actions” sounds A LOT better.

4. Dewey Decimal says:

Peter has it right….it’s great!

Yeah, I’m surprised to see ppl dis this one. Really great, melodic and catchy, even if my favorite BR release is Generator, this is still as good or better than most other stuff from the early 80s Cali scene.

6. So, we would take it that this coffee brewer produces good
    brew. While functionality is the number one goal of every home appliance it
    does not hurt to look good either. It is not fun to try to clean bread dough off the bottom of a mixer.

My webpage; Gardena R 40 Li