The Urinals – S/T E.P. 7″

Minimalistic kindergarten punk. I do understand if people hate this. And why I love it I can’t really tell. It just clicks. Maybe cause I feel that everythings is possible while spinning Urinals, and especially this debut though what came after is better. A truly love or hate band.

Utilizing the infamous Dokorder 4-track and a microphone designed for underwater use, four songs were recorded for release on the band’s DIY label, Happy Squid Records. The peculiar ambience of the record can be traced to the technological limitations of its recording, Kevin’s clicky-sounding toy-drum kit, and the guitar & bass being played live through the same amplifier.

Year: 1978
Label: Happy Squid
Dead Flowers.mp3
Hologram.mp3
Last Days Of Man On Earth.mp3
Surfin’ With The Shah.mp3

This entry was posted in 1978. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Urinals – S/T E.P. 7″

Who hates this? Seriously, is there anyone out there who don’t like this?

2. sf_84 says:

I am a hologram, Colon

3. Dewey Decimal says:

You like it because it’s great!

4. chris_c says:

ditto! this has the x-factor. thanks for sharing.

5. Stig Dangerman says:

The Urinals did a reunion/reenactment tour a couple of years ago and it was great. Of course they’d aged but these old songs don’t exactly require youthful exuberance and they’re not singing about pubescent subjects like wet dreams, huffing gas, and killing their babysitter.

Kjehl Johansen is likely from somewhere near the land of Social-Democratic furniture?

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Yeah I’ve seen the clip on tze tube. I think it was really good! Not as good as Kampfrads tax planning but still.

• Stig Dangerman says:

“Tze tube” must be Martin’s vagina?! Kampfrad’s wealth might be a big deal in your third-world country, but it pales compared to the the Strangerman estate. My grandfather invented duct-tape, that sticky shit you use to repair records you step on when you’re drunk–at least I think that’s what you used to fix the “near mint” Mackt/something or other single you sold me on Tradera!

6. Ograwker says:

They do still play sporadically. I actually just saw them last year when they did a couple 100 Flowers reunion shows. Absolutely amazing. I love the Urinals material, especially Sex, but to hear 100 Flowers songs played live after all these years was one hell of a treat. Even they’re new material is great. They’re supposed to be releasing a new album. At least that’s what John Talley Jones has been telling me the past 3 or 4 years. Been a long time coming. Hope to hear it soon.